Amadeus is shaping the future of travel, and we want you to help.
As a technology leader we are always innovating to solve some of the challenges facing the travel industry. We let you take the lead when it comes to your progression, with a wide range of new and exciting projects you can be a part of.
We are highly committed to promote a corporate culture that values differences and welcomes people from any background. We reject categorically and wholeheartedly any discrimination on the grounds of gender, race, ethnic group, sexual orientation, age, disability or belief. Equality, diversity and environmental sustainability are key to our culture.
The travel and technology industries are evolving by the minute and the future is more exciting than ever. Join us, and be a part of it.
Summary Overview of Responsibilities:
The DevOps Automation Engineer plays a key role to provide, implement and support innovative and integrated solutions for infrastructure automation and cloud integration for the highly demanding Amadeus operational business domain. He is able to work with autonomy and as a team player.
· Participate in the analysis of and document requirements for development of new or improvement of existing infrastructure automation (“infrastructure as code”) and cloud integration solutions.
· Participate in the design of, implement and support integrated infrastructure automation and cloud integration solutions based on and using relevant tools and self-developed automation components. Coordinate the end to end process to deploy such solutions.
· Design, create, validate, and maintain templates, blueprints, playbooks, and modules for configuration management and infrastructure deployment tools.
· Design, programming, validation and maintenance of automation components and interfaces with state-of-the-art scripting and programming languages.
· Participate in the design of, implement and maintain test automation frameworks for infrastructure based on and using relevant test automation tools.
· Design, create, maintain and run automatic test scenarios, troubleshooting also the test results.
· Planning, building, and versioning of solution releases integrating all artefacts and components of the solution based on and using relevant version control tools.
· Coordinate the resolution of conflicting or diverging technical requests during release integration supporting internal team members as well as users and stakeholders external to the team.
· Communication of release plans and results to key users and stakeholders.
· Participate in the definition of operational, security, and high availability requirements for Amadeus DevOps automation solutions.
· Interact with operational and development groups to maintain accuracy on Amadeus architectural knowledge.
· Participate in the evaluation of, install, support and administer relevant tools used to provide infrastructure automation and cloud integration solutions.
· Continuous improvement of team-internal processes to design, implement and provide, validate and automatically test, version and release integrated infrastructure automation and cloud integration solutions.
· Participate in due diligence studies and audits.
· Design and deliver feasibility studies and sizing for complex solutions.
· Presentation of solutions to management with fully documented and analysed proposals.
· In case of incidents or problems, support the operational team to diagnose and recover from the service disruptions, report comprehensive status to management.
Relevant Job Experience:
1. Qualification (School, university, equivalent, etc.):
· Engineering degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or related technical field
· Linux System Administration certification is a plus
· Programming certification is a plus
· Agile Development methodology certification is a plus
· Knowledge of ITIL
2. Know How / Skills:
· Experience with Configuration Management and Infrastructure Deployment tools like Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, etc.
· Experience with Cloud platforms like Openstack, AWS, GCE, etc. and knowledge of their respective API’s
· Good knowledge of installation and administration of Linux/ Unix systems
· Experience in system programming using languages like Python, Go, Ruby, etc.
· Good knowledge of DevOps tools like GIT, Jenkins, Packer, etc.
· Excellent communication skills
· Significant continuous learning
· Adaptability/ Flexibility
· Customer Focus
· Team player
· Innovation, Pro-activity, autonomy
· Analytical and conceptual thinking
· Ability to share technical expertise
· Excellent presentation skills with the ability to convey complex ideas to peers and management
· Multicultural approach
· Proficiency in English essential, both written and spoken
3. Relevant Job Experience:
· 3+ years of broad experience in Linux System Administration, Infrastructure Automation, or Cloud Integration engineering position.
For any questions please contact either the Hiring Line ManagerJulien Etienneor the HR Business Partner Inna Branitskaya.
Amadeus does not accept agency resumes. Amadeus is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Amadeus, we welcome a diverse and inclusive environment based on equality of opportunity, fairness, respect, and dignity for all our employees. We firmly believe that differences based on gender, race, culture, ethnicity, sexual orientation, and disabilities are strong assets in today’s complex, global, and interconnected world.