Amadeus is shaping the future of travel, and we want you to help.
As a technology leader we are always innovating to solve some of the challenges facing the travel industry. We let you take the lead when it comes to your progression, with a wide range of new and exciting projects you can be a part of.
We are highly committed to promote a corporate culture that values differences and welcomes people from any background. We reject categorically and wholeheartedly any discrimination on the grounds of gender, race, ethnic group, sexual orientation, age, disability or belief. Equality, diversity and environmental sustainability are key to our culture.
The travel and technology industries are evolving by the minute and the future is more exciting than ever. Join us, and be a part of it.
We have just turned 30, and left a remarkable trail of progress in the industry, check out our recent video at the Amadeus website .
We rank in the TOP 100 in Forbes’ Top Multinational Performers list and at the 11th place in the Forbes Global 2000 ranking considering the ’Software and Programming’ industry.
We provide solutions to the global travel and tourism industry servicing 11000 corporations worldwide including travel providers, full service carriers, low-cost airlines, hotels, rail operators, cruise & ferry operators, car rental companies, tour operators and travel agencies. Among them are 120+ of the wold’s leading airlines making us the market leader in the global distribution system air market.
Amadeus’ largest Data Centre located in Erding is a purpose built facility which is one of the largest data centres worldwide fully dedicated to travel. The 19000+ physical IT infrastructure devices work with 49+ Petabytes of storage and process 55000+ transactions per second in peak time resulting in 3.9+ million net bookings per day and 747 million passengers boarded a year. Read more Amadeus Facts and Figures .
Keeping such complexity in shape with 6300+ IT infrastructure changes and 600+ application software loads per month while sustaining a trusted mission critical service is Amadeus’ core business.
How about you become part of Amadeus’ distinguished success?
As an Advanced Software Development Engineer you will take a critical role in defining and developing an important part of the Amadeus tooling for monitoring and event managment by
· understanding the customers through interaction and analyzing their requirements (operations in multiple data centres and cloud operations similarly)
· translating the requirements to sound technical specs - not much docs, just enough, but crystal clear concepts!
· mostly and most importantly: developing the solutions in an agile team setting with technologies around the Java world while ensuring :
· your code meets our high quality standards – we continuously measure with Sonar and improve
· your code satisfies the needs of our demanding environment on the aspects of
· mission critical, production grade stability and performance (e.g. high availability setups, efficient resource usage)
· resiliency to disruptions (design to operate under abnormal conditions)
· security (PCI-DSS, data protection, etc.)
· reviewing inner sorucing customers’ code and responsibly deciding about pull requests and giving feedback
· providing third level support for incidents and problems reported and ensuring fastest recovery possible
· communicating efficiently with users, peers and managers to ensure efficient incident and problem resolutions, coordinated work together (e.g. projects, accpetance tests) and presentations of work and new ideas
· promoting the advanced development and delivery workflow and subsequently taking it to the next level by developing for IaaS and PaaS based continuous cloud delivery
· You love to learn, you apply what you have learnt and let others learn from you!
· You are a proud developer with master knowledge on Java backend/middleware object oriented or functional programming (Java 7/8, Spring, Hibernate, standard application servers, probably some Spring Cloud or even Scala)
· You are not afraid to occasionally touch code on the database or the frontend side, let it be SQL, NoSQL, cache or some web technologies (HTML, CSS, JS, maybe TypeScript or frameworks like Angular)
· You feel home in a mostly Unix/Linux environment and possess some scripting magic with which you confidently automate your tedious tasks (Python or similar)
· You speak good English, in addition French and German are also welcome
· You graduated in computer science, a relevant engineering field or accumulated equivalent experience - applied mathematics, statistics, data science, business can be an added value
· Your experience with OpenShift/OpenStack, Docker, Kubernetes, HashiCorp products and similar cloud technologies is a distinguished plus
· Professional development in a truly international and multisite environment with a great mix of people
· Experience in an enviroment with unique complexity and a hardly matched criticality among the leading tech companies
· Opportunity of an international career in a unique, growing global organization
· A wide set of internal trainings available to broaden you knowledge and enhance your soft skills
· A unique set of corporate benefits ranging from travel insurance through pension plan to share match plan
· Relocation support (qualification rules apply)
· Good work-life balance
· S-Bahn connection few minutes from the company
Amadeus does not accept agency resumes. Amadeus is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Amadeus, we welcome a diverse and inclusive environment based on equality of opportunity, fairness, respect, and dignity for all our employees. We firmly believe that differences based on gender, race, culture, ethnicity, sexual orientation, and disabilities are strong assets in today’s complex, global, and interconnected world.