Alstom, with recorded sales of 7.3 billion in the 2016/17 fiscal year, is the world leader in integrated transport systems and continues to push the boundaries of innovation & digital solutions for transportation systems and e-mobility. We are today at the forefront of providing sustainable modes of transport, with the largest range of rail solutions in the market. Present in over 60 countries, we employ 32,800 people worldwide.
The Berlin office is responsible for Signalling activities in Germany and Austria, with great success on the European Train Control System projects (ETCS). More than 70% of the high-speed trains in Germany are equipped with Alstom's ETCS.
The future of transportation is already here. To be a part of it, apply for our position of VIE as ETCS System Engineer (m/f) based in our offices in Berlin / Germany for 12/24 months.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you support the project and tender teams in Engineering activities such as:
- Analysis of specifications
- Definition of required evolutions of Alstom products
- Formalization of the results in a technical specification
- Interface with the competence center in Belgium
- Interface with the customer
- Analysis and monitoring of failures during operation
Validation, Certification and Authorization
- Definition of test plan, organization of test session, redaction of test report
- Analysis of homologation requirements
- Critical review of external assesments
CANDIDATE PROFILE :
- Master Degree in Engineering
- Experience in an international industrial environment
- Interest in railway
- Fluent in English and German
- Excellent level in MS office
- Good communication and organization skills
- Open-minded, team spirit
If you think your profile matches our needs and you can rise to the challenge, please send us your application (CV + Cover Letter in German and English) !