Reporting and Closing
• Ensure that all assigned closing and reporting tasks (e.g. annual report, reporting to regulatory authorities, other internal/external reporting requirements) are accurate and performed in time.
• Complete assigned postings, journal entries and account reconciliations on a periodic basis.
• Explain the results and the corresponding accounting background to internal and external stakeholders.
Governance and quality assurance
• Stay abreast of regulatory and Allianz Group accounting policy changes and ensure compliance with reporting and documentation requirements.
• Assist in the monitoring and strengthening of internal controls over technical accounting.
• Check the input and output data of all handled processes for plausibility and accuracy, including supervision of outsourced tasks.
• Active contribution in improving and implementing global operation cycles, processes and workflows as well as the implementation of global policies and procedures.
• Substantiate AGCS' global balance sheet and P&L.
• Identify and review conspicuous entries and take required actions (e.g. proactive communication to relevant stakeholders, error correction, process improvements, …)
• Reconcile and resolve complex accounting transactions.
• Assist internal and external clients (like regulators or reinsurers) with reports, research and ad-hoc analysis.
Contribution to Projects
• Significant project work as assigned, in particular as an Accounting subject matter expert in projects with a strong IT focus, e.g. with regard to the implementation of IFRS 17 and a new technical architecture for AGCS' global closing and reporting process.
• First experience in (re-)insurance accounting, financial audit, controlling or similar financial area is mandatory (e.g. previous intern or working student position or first professional experience)
• Basic knowledge of relevant accounting standards and regulations (IFRS, Solvency 2, HGB) for (re-)insurance.
• Experience in project and team work in an international and dynamic environment.
• Excellent tertiary qualification (ideally Master), preferably in Business Administration, Business Mathematics/Informatics, Finance or Accounting.
• IT Literacy. Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills to effectively analyze data and convey messages in a winning fashion.
• Understanding of insurance financial statements and their key performance indicators.
• Comprehensive knowledge of insurance accounting principles. Familiarity with the relevant legislation and standards for IFRS, Solvency 2 and HGB.
• Proven ability to handle complex processes (in particular in the closing and reporting context) including understanding of data flows.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English are essential; additional fluency in German and/or French is an advantage.
• Analytical Thinking and Numeracy: Ability to identify patterns and root causes in complex (e.g. ambiguous, from various sources) data and processes to rapidly distill key issues and provide insight in various situations.
• Problem Solving: Ability to identify and initiate appropriate actions to remediate issues that can be abstract / ambiguous and follow through on their remediation. Ability to anticipate and resolve issues before they transpire
• Communication and Presentation Skills: Ability to understand, elaborate and convey information clearly and effectively in respect to the audience / level of management (both verbal and in writing)
• Must be a self-starter, results driven, and capable of working autonomously with limited supervision.
Allianz is the home for those who dare – a supportive place where you can take the initiative to grow and to actively strengthen our global leadership position. By truly caring about people – both its 88 million private and corporate customers and more than 140,000 employees – Allianz fosters a culture where its employees are empowered to collaborate, perform, embrace trends and challenge the industry. Our main ambition is to be our customers’ trusted partner, instilling them with the confidence to grow. If you dare, join us at Allianz Group.
Allianz is an equal opportunity employer. Everybody is welcome, regardless of other characteristics such as gender, age, origin, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, disability, or sexual orientation.
Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty (AGCS) is the Allianz Group's dedicated carrier for corporate and specialty insurance business. AGCS provides insurance and risk consultancy across the whole spectrum of specialty, alternative risk transfer and corporate business: Marine, Aviation (incl. Space), Energy, Engineering, Entertainment, Financial Lines (incl. D&O), Liability, Mid-Corporate and Property insurance (incl. International Insurance Programs).
Worldwide, AGCS operates in 30 countries with own units and in over 210 countries and territories through the Allianz Group network and partners. In 2016, it employed around 5,000 people and provided insurance solutions to more than three quarters of the 'Fortune Global 500' companies, writing a total of €7.6 billion gross premium worldwide.
AGCS SE is rated AA by Standard & Poor's and A+ by A.M. Best.
AGCS promotes an individual work-life balance for example the possibilit y of working part-time. Provided that the job with its respective basic conditions is suitable for this, all positions advertised on a full-time basis can also be filled on a part-time basis.
If you are currently exempted from statutory pension obligations under section 6 (1) sentence 1 no. 1 SGB VI, please take a look at the important and binding notes in the HR lexicon under: Money / Social Security / Annuity Insurance / Pension Insurance exemption.
More information about careers at Allianz Global Corporate Specialty can be found at www.agcs.allianz.com/careers