Airbus Defence and Space Ottobrunn
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy has arisen in the Information Management (IM) team within Airbus Defence & Space based at Ottobrunn / Manching for a SAP Technology Consultant.
Tasks and activities
Managing end-to-end delivery of agreed Services to the customer in terms of resources, cost, time, quality, security, robustness and performance for all services. Providing deep technical expertise concerning all SAP Basis topics for all running projects. Support of technical design activities. In cooperation with module responsible, service owner and the business, maintenance of the SAP systems has to be managed as well as updates and upgrades. Analysis of the system performance, SAP security settings and their configuration have to be performed. Definition of necessary corrective measures in order to reach the targets and to support the corresponding operational teams.
· Coordination and execution of release changes, upgrades and migrations (HANA)
· System monitoring, change management (SAP-Kernel, Support Packages, Security Notes)
· Planning and execution of configuration changes
· Performance Analysis
· SAP Solution Manager, BW, SRM, ERP, SLT and S/4 HANA landscape: conception, configuration and operations
· Transport system: configuration and operations of ChaRM and Focused Build
· Print management: conception und configuration
· Process documentation and creation of an operations manual
· Defining standards and providing guidance to ensure compliance and design / align solutions across the enterprise for SAP Basis functionality
· Project management and support in projects
· Evaluating new technical tools, products and functionalities linked to SAP basis functionalities for potential use inside Airbus SAP environment
The task incorporates the autonomous conception, customizing and realization of complex software systems and the interfaces to internal and external IT-systems. Furthermore the conception and the implementation of complex business processes has to be supported.
Giving guidance regarding technical SAP solutions and defining the scope of services with the client. Project management in terms of planning of date, cost and quality.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
· Deep SAP technical experience and knowledge of SAP basis
· Previous experience working in upgrades, OS / DB migrations and HANA migration projects
· Knowledge / experience in performance tuning, user management, system copies, and Unicode conversions
· Any experience in Fiori installation and configuration desired
· Keen and inquisitive of learning on new technologies
· ITIL certification
· Advanced level of English (written and spoken)
· High motivation and energy to move on projects
· Capability of working on your own responsibility but also of working in an international team
· Being analytical, results-driven and having an solution oriented approach
· Bachelors or Master's degree in: Information Systems, Engineering, Computer Science or similar degree.
· 5+ years previous experience working across a range of implementations, upgrade and migration projects
· SAP Certifications in OS / DB Migration, NetWeaver and SAP HANA preferred
· Experience of working in large landscapes / environments / customers
Here are some other vacancies your might like
Constructeur aéronautique, Airbus est aujourd’hui le leader mondial de la construction d’avions de ligne. Créé à la fin des années 1960 avec le projet A300, lancé à l’initiative de plusieurs pays européens, il fabrique des avions de 100 places (A318) à plus de 500 places (A380). Il appartient au groupe EADS, renommé « Airbus Group » en 2014, et présent sur 170 sites dans le monde. 6000 avions Airbus sont aujourd’hui en exploitation, avec une volonté du constructeur aéronautique de mettre l’accent sur la réduction de l’empreinte carbone (réduction de la quantité de CO2 produite par avion).
Airbus, dont le siège est situé près de Toulouse, compte 59 000 employés dans le monde et 15 sites principaux situés en France, Allemagne, Espagne et Royaume-Uni (ainsi que d’autres sites aux Etats-Unis, en Chine, au Moyen-Orient et au Japon).