Description de l'offre
Research Scientist (f/m) - Application Level Communications
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
The Airbus Chief Technology Office (CTO) is looking for a Research Scientist in Application Level Communications to join our Central Research & Technology - Communication Technologies department in Hamburg, Germany.
With your creative and analytic mind, you will use your unique expertise to inspire and conduct complex and strategic research to realise the technology needs for generation after next products related to communication systems.
Tasks & accountabilities
What does your new challenge look like?
· Deliver results of research tasks taking into account time, cost and quality.
· Support strategic assessments of technologies to be selected as solutions for research projects.
· Contribute to the orchestrating of the Airbus internal and external partnering ecosystem.
· Keep up to date with state-of-the-art development in science and technology.
· Secure high quality of reports and documentation.
· Support to knowledge management in the area of technology.
· Support to IP securing by drafting invention disclosures.
· Internal and external representation of research area.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Your Boarding Pass:
· Profound knowledge in Designing Services over heterogeneous Network Links (air-to-X, sat-to-X, terrestrial, …)
· Proven track record to perform Resource Management, Data Transport and Measurements in Communication Networks.
· Extended experience in Defining Service Level Agreements and KPIs.
· Knowledge of dynamic and flexible organisation of Data Transfer in Software Defined Networks.
· Experience in establishing end-to-end Communication Architectures, considering multiple end points.
· Experience in setting up services in Virtualized Networks.
· Expertise in developing on various platforms (Windows, Linux, Android, …).
· Experience in several programming languages.
· Experience in performance measurement tools protocol analysers (e.g. Wireshark).
· Proven track record of scientific publications at conferences and in journals.
· Negotiation level in English and German.