Description de l'offre
R&D Electronics Engineer (m/f)
Airbus Defence and Space Ottobrunn
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a R&D Electronics Engineer (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Defence and Space in Taufkirchen. The successful applicant will join “TCBD – DeckFinder Aerial Positioning Systems”.
Tasks & accountabilities
At Airbus DeckFinder Aerial Positioning Systems we are constantly innovating to give answer to the most challenging positioning problems in aeronautics.
Our flagship product, DeckFinder, allows manned or unmanned helicopters to safely land on unstable platforms such as helipads on ships or oil/ gas rigs.
Similar technology is today being extended to assist autonomous taxing, take-off and landing operations (ATTOL) of fixed-wing aircrafts in both prepared and unprepared runways in a range of scenarios.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
· Identifying electrical and electronics requirements flown down from the overall ATTOL aiding system requirements.
· Leading and contributing to the design, development, test and debugging of the electronics subsystems in the different
segments of the ATTOL aiding system under design.
· Interacting with multiple suppliers simultaneously
· Supporting the overall ATTOL aiding system validation with the definition of automatized software test procedures.
· Supporting local and worldwide test campaigns and demonstrations
· Contributing to test, user and operation documentation
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
· Master’s degree in Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
· Expert knowledge of electronics CAD design software (Eagle, Altium,…)
· Expert knowledge of digital electronics design, documentation and testing methodologies
· Good knowledge of hardware platforms and embedded systems
· Solid background in antenna design and principles will be an asset
· Good knowledge of aircraft guidance principles will be an asset
· Experience in airworthiness hardware design would be an advantage
· Aviation background/ interest in/ on fixed-wing aircrafts would be a plus
· Ability and interest to work either in office, laboratory/ workshop or field environments
· Strong can-do attitude
· Good interpersonal, communication and documentation skills in English
· Ability to work effectively, autonomously and cooperatively in a diverse and international team environment, defining
and implementing solutions in line with team and individual objectives, as well as project deadlines.
The successful candidate will be integrated into a dynamic international team with a number of rewarding challenges ahead.