Airbus Defence and Space Ottobrunn
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Platform Architect (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Defence and Space in Ottobrunn. The successful applicant will join the Platform Architecture department .
The Platform Architect:
· Is the technical leader for design, implementation and interface decisions regarding technical solutions and he/she recommends alternatives when needed.
· Drives global service oriented architecture definitions and developments
· Is responsible for the Architecture Requirements Dossier (ARD) for the projects that is supporting/ participating
· Defines and maintains standards, best practices and golden rules in the SW development process and produce key reference blueprints for the main platform components.
· Defines environments for each project phase: development, integration, testing, maintenance, production, etc. for those projects she or he is supporting / participating.
· Takes care of DevOps mechanism: looking for a continuous platforms and solutions optimization
· Translates functional requirements into technical specifications.
· Liaises with the security consultant to ensure that the relevant security requirements are captured and best practices are introduced in the SW development process.
· Ensures the security in the data interchange by providing the right Enterprise Platform recommendations.
· Helps to solve integration problems over different networks and different security constraints using security standards.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
· Must be highly organized and able to work on multiple tasks.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever changing start up environment
· Solid communication and interpersonal skills are a must: effective communicator working across countries and business areas, who knows how and when to negotiate. Must work well in a European team environment and be willing to travel occasionally
· Able to recognize and solve problems quickly.
· Advantage to have experience of integration projects
· Strong analytical and diagnostic skills
· Must have worked with at least one ECM, preferably FileNet.
· Must have worked with at least one CRM, preferably Microsoft Dynamics.
· Familiar with AWS and Azure Stack clouds.
· Experience in DevOps
· Capacity to go through and to learn new technologies according to the speed of change of the Digital arena
· Understanding of the impact of security on software and how to secure your developments
· Must be able to obtain necessary security clearances.
· Languages: English at negotiation level, additional languages (i.e. French, German, Spanish) are a plus
Here are some other vacancies your might like
Constructeur aéronautique, Airbus est aujourd’hui le leader mondial de la construction d’avions de ligne. Créé à la fin des années 1960 avec le projet A300, lancé à l’initiative de plusieurs pays européens, il fabrique des avions de 100 places (A318) à plus de 500 places (A380). Il appartient au groupe EADS, renommé « Airbus Group » en 2014, et présent sur 170 sites dans le monde. 6000 avions Airbus sont aujourd’hui en exploitation, avec une volonté du constructeur aéronautique de mettre l’accent sur la réduction de l’empreinte carbone (réduction de la quantité de CO2 produite par avion).
Airbus, dont le siège est situé près de Toulouse, compte 59 000 employés dans le monde et 15 sites principaux situés en France, Allemagne, Espagne et Royaume-Uni (ainsi que d’autres sites aux Etats-Unis, en Chine, au Moyen-Orient et au Japon).