Description de l'offre
PhD Embedded Heterogeneous Many-core Computing (f/m)
Airbus Group Innovations Munich
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Start: November 2018
Duration: 36 Month
Tasks & accountabilities
This position provides you the opportunity to perform research studies for about 3 years in an industrial environment to receive a PhD degree in cooperation with a university. You will be part of the Communication Technologies Team of Airbus Central Research & Technology located in Taufkirchen/Munich. The research will focus on many-core platforms for safety-critical systems as demanded by future on-board electronic systems of aircrafts. This includes system software as well as hardware aspects.
Your work will include:
· Research in the environment of heterogeneous many-core systems for safety critical systems considering hardware and software
· Development of novel system and software architectures mostly for safety-critical systems
· Implementation of demonstrators using future avionics hardware platforms and FPGA technology
· Vulnerability and safety assessment of the developed technologies
· Participation in research projects involving multiple stakeholders
· Presentation of results to the internal and external project partners and the research community
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
· Educated to Master Degree Level (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Informatics, Electrical Engineering or similar
· Deep interest in processor architectures and hardware-near system software for safety critical embedded systems
· Experiences in hardware and software development
· Knowledge on real-time and dependable systems
· Good skills in Assembly programming, C/C++, Java, VHDL/Verilog, as well as in Linux, GCC and make scripts, preferably already applied to embedded systems
· Self-motivated research work
· Interested in international project work
· You are a good team player, have excellent communication skills, and can work independently.