Description de l'offre
Master Thesis within Electromagnetic Simulations: Signature Technology
Airbus Defence and Space Bremen (ex Cassidian)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Are you looking for a final year project? Would you like to discover the work of an EM simulation specialist? Then apply now! We look forward to you joining us.
Duration: 6 months
You will write your final thesis in the department for EMC-Testing & Signatures. They operate a number of in-house electromagnetic field simulators for EMC and Radar signature simulation. There is the constant need to adapt these tools to new project requirements or to develop and implement new numerical algorithms.
The Multilevel Fast Multipole (MLFMM) electromagnetic field solver is based on a boundary element formulation (method of moments). We constantly work on improving its efficiency and its capability to handle electrically large and complex structures. One option to improve efficiency is to switch from a formulation based on basis functions to a formulation based on surface elements (triangles).
Tasks & accountabilities
The main tasks of the master thesis are:
· Literature review concerning element based formulations
· Development of the complete theoretical formulation of the element based approach
· Implementation of prototypes
· Implementation of an element based MLFMM
· Validation (comparison with the existing MLFMM)
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
· Enrolled student (m/f) within Electrical Engineering, Physics or similar field of study
· Strong interest in electrodynamics and numerical mathematics
· Experience with software development / programming
· IT - Tools: MS Office, object oriented programming languages, Python
· Languages: fluent in German or English
You are a good team player, have excellent communication skills, and are able to work independently.