Description de l'offre
Internship within Software Engineering: Satellites OnBoard Software
Airbus Defence and Space Friedrichshafen (ex Astrium SL)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Are you looking for an internship? Would you like to discover the work of a Software Engineer? Then apply now! We look forward to you joining us as an intern (m/f) on the on-board software development team (35 hours/week, flexi-time).
Duration: 4-6 months
The on-board software team develops the central software for the Airbus Defence and Space satellites. This team is structured into a production team which develops the flight code in C and a validation team which develops tests for the flight code, executed in a simulated environment. The validation tests are written in Java using a custom test framework interfacing with the satellite simulator.
Internships at Airbus
Tasks & accountabilities
Major objective of the practical term is to improve usability and efficiency of the test framework facilities. Improvements should allow for faster evaluation of test output as well as producing structured and concise test results, which are both human-readable and machine-process-able. One of the goals of this work is to improve the usability and analysis methods by, e.g. developing graphical user interfaces for analyzing test data or automated processing of test results. This practical term will provide a very detailed insight into professional software engineering for large and complex embedded real-time software.
Specific tasks are to:
· Identify potential for test framework improvements based on feedback from the validation team
· Plan the development of a dedicated test facility to be added/improved
· Identify factors to measure the benefit of the new facility
· Design and develop the test facility, document the design using UML
· Integrate and test the facility to prove correctness and usability
· Present the facility to the validation team and provide a dedicated user guide
· Enrolled student of Software Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or similar field of study
· Programming Languages: Java
· Knowledge of Embedded and Realtime Systems
· English: fluent
· German: basic level, fluent would be a plus