Airbus Defence and Space Bremen (ex Astrium ST)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Are you looking for an internship? Would you like to discover the work of the Robotics -Team? Then apply now! We look forward to you joining us as an intern (m/f) (35 hours/week, flexi-time).
Start: as soon as possible
Duration: 3-6 months
Afterwards there is the possibility for writing a final thesis!
Airbus Defence and Space GmbH at its Bremen site focuses mainly on projects and systems located in a planetary orbit or on the planetary surface for exploration. These systems are typically characterized by only remote accessibility, a high-degree of autonomy, use of emerging technologies combined with the constrained of space-qualified hardware.
One key element of most systems is a robotic subsystem. This can be a manipulator, a pan-tilt-unit, a rover or any other mechatronic system that provides intelligent services and information by interacting with the environment through the use of sensors and actuators.
In the Space Robotics and Automation Lab (SRAL) here in Bremen, we develop part of those systems, e.g. mechanisms, algorithms, software structures, or the systems as a whole.
For a new communication architecture within our laboratory setup and as a preparation for future re-use in on-board systems, we're developing a new, lean core component the provides the essential services, etc. communication based on a new framework, logging, configuration, etc.
Your exciting tasks:
· Research & Modeling
· Basic research on the topics of ARINC653, AADL, and processor architectures
· Setup of a simple software and hardware architecture model
· Parameterization of the model and running simulations
· Integrating the new communication framework into the design of the new core component
· Setup of a simple test scenario
· Performance Measurement
· Design and implementation of a toolkit for measuring a software module's performance on algorithm/component level as well as on networking level
· Update of the simple model with the new parameters and verification of CPU utilization
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
· Enrolled student (m/f) within Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or similar field of study
· Interest to research on new topics
· Proficient in object-oriented programming, programming languages need are at least C++11 and Python 3.x
· Experience with software development in Windows and Linux
· Ability to find abstract solutions
· Happy to work in a team with a good degree of self-sufficiency
· Languages: fluent in German and English
You are a good team player, have excellent communication skills, and are able to work independently.
Constructeur aéronautique, Airbus est aujourd’hui le leader mondial de la construction d’avions de ligne. Créé à la fin des années 1960 avec le projet A300, lancé à l’initiative de plusieurs pays européens, il fabrique des avions de 100 places (A318) à plus de 500 places (A380). Il appartient au groupe EADS, renommé « Airbus Group » en 2014, et présent sur 170 sites dans le monde. 6000 avions Airbus sont aujourd’hui en exploitation, avec une volonté du constructeur aéronautique de mettre l’accent sur la réduction de l’empreinte carbone (réduction de la quantité de CO2 produite par avion).
Airbus, dont le siège est situé près de Toulouse, compte 59 000 employés dans le monde et 15 sites principaux situés en France, Allemagne, Espagne et Royaume-Uni (ainsi que d’autres sites aux Etats-Unis, en Chine, au Moyen-Orient et au Japon).