Description de l'offre
Internship: Technology Development for Space Applications
Airbus Defence and Space Friedrichshafen (ex Astrium SL)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
For Airbus Defence and Space within the field of "Mechanical Subsystems and R&T Friedrichshafen we are looking for a student (m/f) who want to perform an internship with focus on technology and process developments.
Start: August - December 2018
Duration: 5-6 months
Within the field of satellite instrument structures Airbus Defence and Space is developing new innovative, reliable and efficient technologies for space applications.
Internships at Airbus
Tasks & accountabilities
· Support in development of processes and technologies for products in the field of satellite instrument structures with direct link to surface and materials technology as well as production and structural joining technologies
· Support in development and research projects for space projects and performance of technology developments with aerospace-specific Background (Technology Readiness Level1-6)
· Work and cooperation with internal teams of different disciplines
· Preparation and execution of measurements and tests under laboratory conditions as well as evaluation and interpretation of test results together with engineering teams from Airbus DS
· Company internal documentation and presentation of development results
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
· Enrolled student (m/f) within aviation and aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering, materials sciences or similar field of study.
· Skills in engineering software like CAD, FEM are welcome, but not mandatory
· Knowledge in Microsoft Office software like Excel, Word etc.
· English: fluent, German skills are welcome, but not mandatory
· Willingness to work independently, high level of motivation for learning and improvement of skills, personal initiative, independence and the ability for efficient timing
· Team spirit and willingness to co-operate and working together in an international company