Description de l'offre
Internship (m/w) within Support: #Africa4Future at Airbus BizLab
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Are you passionate about entrepreneurship on the African continent? Are you dedicated to make an impact? Then apply now! We look forward to you joining us as an intern (m/f) at the Airbus BizLab (35 hours/week, flexi-time).
Start: from September 2018 onwards possible
End: 5-6 months (with the option to write a thesis)
As an intern you will support the Airbus BizLab's #africa4future Initiative (www.airbus-bizlab.com). Airbus BizLab is a global aerospace accelerator where startups and Airbus intrapreneurs speed up the transformation of innovative ideas into valuable businesses. Currently, the BizLab has three locations in Toulouse (France), Hamburg (Germany) and Bangalore (India) and the fourth one opening in July in Madrid (Spain). In addition, BizLab has created the #africa4future initiative with the objective to foster business models that apply aerospace technologies to help solve the challenges in Africa. After a first exploration in 2017, the initiative will continue its partnership approach and accelerate startups from the African continent.
Internships at Airbus
Tasks & accountabilities
Your exciting tasks will be:
· Support the set-up of BizLab's #africa4future initiative across the Airbus divisions
· Research the African startup and venture building ecosystem
· Develop innovative ways of engaging in partnerships with innovation/technology/community hubs, policy makers, public institutions, investors and entrepreneurs
· Implement an internal and external communication strategy
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
· Enrolled student within Business Administration, Economics, Social Sciences, Marketing, Media Science, Communication, Human Resources, Innovation/ Entrepreneurship, Development Studies or similar field of study
· Practical experiences in Innovation Management, Startups and/or Accelerators as well as with the African ecosystem are very desired
· English: negotiation level
· German: beginner
You are a good team player, have excellent communication skills with an open mind-set, and are able to work independently.