Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Are you looking for an internship? Would you like to discover the work of an Aerodynamics Engineering Team? Then apply now! We look forward to you joining us as an intern (m/f) at the Aircraft Aerodynamics Bremen department (35 hours/week, flexi-time).
Start: October 2018
Duration: 6 months
In the frame of A/C development large aerodynamic data sets are needed for loads computation and subsequently the structural design. New approaches based on machine learning are currently being investigated and developed in order to enable data driven insights for quick decision making. The newly developed methods shall aid very quick turnaround times in the development phases and provide faster reactivity on design changes. In addition these approaches shall also be enablers to offer new marketable services to our customers. The scope of the internship is to test and benchmark different Machine Learning methods (with increased focus on Deep Learning) for the purpose of classifying and predicting aerodynamic data.
Internships at Airbus
In this context, the internship will include the following activities:
· Getting familiar with the aerodynamic data produced and their business value
· Support the on-going creation (Data lake) , translation and consumption of data-driven insights by testing different machine learning approaches
· Creating software snippets using Python and associated libraries like Numpy, Scikitlkearn, TensorFlow and Keras
· Investigate parameters impacting the performance of the chosen algorithms (Hyper parameter tuning, neural network architecture optimization)
· Comparing and evaluating (Accuracy, Precision, Recall) different ML approaches and highlighting the assumptions and limits
· Testing new technologies for efficient and fast (real time) visualization of the results (Bokeh, Matplotlib, Spotfire)
· Contributing to proposing usage guidelines
· Documentation of the work
In the frame of this internship various studies shall be performed to compare different machine learning approaches like
· Regression (multivariate and logarithmic regression types)
· Deep learning using Artificial neural networks for
· Classification (image recognition) and Regression (continuous output)
· Data mining on text data (Natural Language Processing)
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
· Enrolled student (m/f) within Mathematics, Computer Science
· IT skills: Linux and Windows operating systems, Advanced level of Python
· Machine Learning: Passion and sound understanding of Data Science concepts (Deep Learning, Regression, Statistics and Probability)
· Special coding Skills: Good knowledge of numerical libraries like numpy,scipy and scikitlearn
· Experience with machine learning frameworks like TensorFlow and Keras
· English: fluent
· German would be an Advantage
You are a good team player, have excellent communication skills, and are able to work independently.
Constructeur aéronautique, Airbus est aujourd’hui le leader mondial de la construction d’avions de ligne. Créé à la fin des années 1960 avec le projet A300, lancé à l’initiative de plusieurs pays européens, il fabrique des avions de 100 places (A318) à plus de 500 places (A380). Il appartient au groupe EADS, renommé « Airbus Group » en 2014, et présent sur 170 sites dans le monde. 6000 avions Airbus sont aujourd’hui en exploitation, avec une volonté du constructeur aéronautique de mettre l’accent sur la réduction de l’empreinte carbone (réduction de la quantité de CO2 produite par avion).
Airbus, dont le siège est situé près de Toulouse, compte 59 000 employés dans le monde et 15 sites principaux situés en France, Allemagne, Espagne et Royaume-Uni (ainsi que d’autres sites aux Etats-Unis, en Chine, au Moyen-Orient et au Japon).