Airbus Defence and Space Manching
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Development Engineer Aircraft Charging Systems (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Defence and Space in Manching. The successful applicant will join “Ground Loading System”.
The Ground Loading Systems department is responsible for the development of the loading systems for the Eurofighter and the Tornado.
As part of the further development and maintenance of the systems, we are looking for an HW development engineer to strengthen our team, with a special focus on cleaning obsolescence from the delivered systems and for new developments, creating the concepts and documentation, carrying out the development, integration and qualification as well as delivery to the end customer.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
· Assumption of responsibility for the entire hardware of the Ground Loading Station (GLS) and Tornado Operational Support System - Technical Support System (TOGSS-TSS) ground equipment
· Technical support and operation of the in-house systems as well as the customer's systems in the warehouses.
· Cleansing of hardware obsolescence and performance of hardware integration tests of the modified modules with updating of the technical documentation
· For the development of new hardware components, creation of test specifications, test procedures and test reports as well as documentation relevant to approval within the framework of quality management, technical safety and type certification
· Independent execution of the acceptance tests for quality assurance and quality inspection agency as well as for the end customer (compatibility tests)
· Setting the test results and documentation under Configuration / Version management
· Presentation and reporting to customers and management
· Takeover of operational responsibility for the MILBUS on-board computer laboratory
· Maintenance and renewal of measuring instruments according to specifications
· Responsible for the development of a new measuring and testing system to perform the Milbus Validation Test according to MIL Standard 1553
· Takeover of the ordering system for the Ground Loading Systems and neighboring areas
· Technical management of suppliers as well as in-house and external production
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
· Completed studies in the field of electrical engineering, communications engineering or comparable
· Experience in the development of hardware on module and system level
· Practical knowledge in SW development with C, C++ or Jawa and Lab Windows CVI
· Experience in Milbus 3838 and 3910 communication protocols and protocol analysis
· Good knowledge in the application of complex electronic measuring and analysis equipment
· First experiences / knowledge in the field of RTCADO standards are desirable
· Experience in the creation of acceptance-compliant documentation
· Basic knowledge of Eurofighter and Tornado avionics structure at module level is desirable
· Personality traits: highly motivated, team player, communicative, analytical and structured approach
· Fluent and business fluent German and English
What do we offer:
· Challenging tasks for/with unique services and products
· Pleasant working atmosphere in a professional and international work environment
· Exciting development opportunities and perspectives
· Extensive company training offers (eLearning and Classroom Trainings)
· Flexible working hours
· Compatibility of work and family life
· Attractive remuneration
· Company Pension Scheme
· Good connections to public transport and local parking facilities
· Catering facilities on site
Here are some other vacancies your might like
Constructeur aéronautique, Airbus est aujourd’hui le leader mondial de la construction d’avions de ligne. Créé à la fin des années 1960 avec le projet A300, lancé à l’initiative de plusieurs pays européens, il fabrique des avions de 100 places (A318) à plus de 500 places (A380). Il appartient au groupe EADS, renommé « Airbus Group » en 2014, et présent sur 170 sites dans le monde. 6000 avions Airbus sont aujourd’hui en exploitation, avec une volonté du constructeur aéronautique de mettre l’accent sur la réduction de l’empreinte carbone (réduction de la quantité de CO2 produite par avion).
Airbus, dont le siège est situé près de Toulouse, compte 59 000 employés dans le monde et 15 sites principaux situés en France, Allemagne, Espagne et Royaume-Uni (ainsi que d’autres sites aux Etats-Unis, en Chine, au Moyen-Orient et au Japon).