Airbus Defence and Space Ottobrunn
Airbus Defence and Space is a division of Airbus Group formed by combining the business activities of Cassidian, Astrium and Airbus Military. The new division is Europe's number one defence and space enterprise, the second largest space business worldwide and among the top ten global defence enterprises. It employs some 40,000 employees generating revenues of approximately €14 billion per year.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a GNSS Navigation Signal Engineer (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Defence and Space in Ottobrunn. The successful applicant will join “GNSS Signals".
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
· Support the deployment and evolution of the Galileo system and the evolution of the EGNOS system on navigation signal related aspects
· Contribute to new ideas and applications related to satellite navigation on navigation signal related aspects
· Define, perform and report design and verification analysis on signal performance aspects like on receiver tracking and PVT; navigation message; authentication; system and user integrity; signal distortions; system performance budgets
· Operate tools and support the upgrade of tools for signal performance analysis
· Perform autonomous analysis of complex technical relations and apply to requested tasks
· Support the definition and development of new tools for signal performance analysis
· Define, plan, conduct and evaluate laboratory experiments to support trade-off-analysis, interpretation of measurement data evaluation results etc.
· Support the correct implementation and verification of SIS requirements at segment and element level (like for satellites, ground-segment, signal-generators, users, etc.)
· Support the evolution of system and segment level SIS requirements
· Support system engineering activities related to SIS engineering, for instance maintenance of SISICD requirements in DOORS; maintenance of verification control documentation
· Presentation of the achieved results in front of national and international customers, industrial partners, technical meetings, symposia and conferences.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
· Master's Degree in Navigation / Electrical Engineering / Communication Techniques / Telecommunications / Signal Processing / Physics or equivalent
· Profound knowledge of GNSS signal aspects especially concerning signal performance aspects; receiver processing and tracking performance
· Solid experience in the analysis and usage of satellite navigation signals especially on signal performance aspects; navigation receiver processing and tracking algorithms and performances
· Profound knowledge on digital signal processing (CDMA signals, numeric simulations & analysis); encoding techniques; channel models
· Experience in measurement data analysis and laboratory experimentation
· Demonstrated ability to analyse complex technical problems and define innovative solutions
· Well skilled and experience in rapid and clean engineering software generation and usage (MATLAB and/or C/C++)
· Understanding systems engineering processes with requirements flow and review gates
· Capability to work in an international team and with international customer (e.g. ESA, EC)
· Flexibility to work in in different European locations co-located with our partners
· Excellent skills in English and German language
Here are some other vacancies your might like
Constructeur aéronautique, Airbus est aujourd’hui le leader mondial de la construction d’avions de ligne. Créé à la fin des années 1960 avec le projet A300, lancé à l’initiative de plusieurs pays européens, il fabrique des avions de 100 places (A318) à plus de 500 places (A380). Il appartient au groupe EADS, renommé « Airbus Group » en 2014, et présent sur 170 sites dans le monde. 6000 avions Airbus sont aujourd’hui en exploitation, avec une volonté du constructeur aéronautique de mettre l’accent sur la réduction de l’empreinte carbone (réduction de la quantité de CO2 produite par avion).
Airbus, dont le siège est situé près de Toulouse, compte 59 000 employés dans le monde et 15 sites principaux situés en France, Allemagne, Espagne et Royaume-Uni (ainsi que d’autres sites aux Etats-Unis, en Chine, au Moyen-Orient et au Japon).