Airbus Defence and Space Ottobrunn
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Two vacancies as “Frequency Manager (f/m)” are open within Airbus Defence & Space in Germany (Ottobrun). The successful applicant will join “TEC - CIS Engineering”.
Within Airbus Defence and Space, the Frequency Management team is the transverse Center of Competence (CoC) supporting any wireless communications business by advising on the selection and use of the frequencies (the Frequency Management) for the wireless communications. As a consequence, this CoC is interacting with many teams such as (but not limited to) Strategy, Innovation, Pre-sale, Marketing and Sales, bids, Programs, Service Delivery
In interaction with the main stakeholders of the various Program Lines of Airbus Defence and Space and under the supervision of experienced experts, you will contribute to the relevant strategies and action plans about Frequency Management by:
· Forming a good understanding of the Business needs and targets in terms of technology, market and frequency challenges
· Recommending the best options, de-risking and, accompanying their implementation with the support of relevant stakeholders
· Developing and implementing relevant technical/regulatory strategies to ensure proper access to the required frequencies
· Anticipating and developing opportunities to support the positioning and growth of the Program Line businesses and products
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
· Educated to a degree in an Engineering discipline or similar
· Customer-oriented and determined to succeed with reliability, autonomy and initiative;
· Appetite for wireless communications appreciated
· Team player and at ease with multi-national culture
· Able to influence
· Experience in frequency management is an advantage
· Knowledge in link budgets, radio communication, system design and simulation tools
· Fluent in German and English
This role could involve frequent travel for business in Europe and abroad, up to one day to one week once every one or two months. You must be able to travel accordingly.
Constructeur aéronautique, Airbus est aujourd’hui le leader mondial de la construction d’avions de ligne. Créé à la fin des années 1960 avec le projet A300, lancé à l’initiative de plusieurs pays européens, il fabrique des avions de 100 places (A318) à plus de 500 places (A380). Il appartient au groupe EADS, renommé « Airbus Group » en 2014, et présent sur 170 sites dans le monde. 6000 avions Airbus sont aujourd’hui en exploitation, avec une volonté du constructeur aéronautique de mettre l’accent sur la réduction de l’empreinte carbone (réduction de la quantité de CO2 produite par avion).
Airbus, dont le siège est situé près de Toulouse, compte 59 000 employés dans le monde et 15 sites principaux situés en France, Allemagne, Espagne et Royaume-Uni (ainsi que d’autres sites aux Etats-Unis, en Chine, au Moyen-Orient et au Japon).