Description de l'offre
Airbus DS GmbH
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary
· on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Are you looking for a final year project? Would you like to discover the work of an Engineer? Then apply now! We look forward to you joining us.
Start: March / April
You will write your final thesis in the Engineering/Design & Development department which specialises in the development of On-board FPGA/ASIC logic and processor solutions for satellite subsystems and on-board scientific instruments.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your role will involve the following exciting tasks:
· Evaluation of the “Brave Large” FPGA technology in terms of the impact for current space mass memory FPGA architectures
· Perform the portability assessment of a space mass memory applications to the new FPGA technology, make use of the available on-chip ARM Cortex R5 core if necessary
· Demonstrate the performance of the application with an implementation on the simulation tools and in hardware
· Evaluation of tool chain (Synthesis and Place and Route) for this technology
· Documentation of all the evaluation, implementation, various analysis and test results.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
· Enrolled student (m/f) within Electrical Engineering or similar field of study
· Tool Experience: VHDL Design Tools, Matlab/Simulink
· Programming Language: VHDL
· Experience and being amazed by FPGA architectures
· English: fluent
· German: would be a plus
You are a good team player, have excellent communication skills, and are able to work independently.