Airbus Defence and Space Manching
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a E2E Digital Supply Chain Specialist (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Defence and Space. The position is located in Manching. You will join the TZC Department – Digital Product Continuity (DPC).
The DPC mission is to drive the availability of shared technologies and services for digital continuity of the End-to-End process and steer the key digitalization projects across the division to achieve the operational excellence ambition.
Your main mission is:
· To define and develop approbriate Supply Chain solutions to enhance e2e working practises for application across all Airbus
DS products, supporting:
· Design For Procurement (co-engineering with Design Engineering)
· Commodity management, procurement & purchasing core competencies
· Digital process coordination with external enterprises (suppliers/partners)
· Advanced, dynamic & proactive supplier market evaluation
· Progressive digital technologies and data analytics & processing
· Efficient and innovative realisation of business requirements to create measureable improvements at product line level.
· Coordination of aligned solutions with Commercial Aircraft, Helicopters and Group in the pursuit of standard, advanced
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
· Lead the preparation and analysis of the Supply Chain digital roadmap, including benefit analysis and cost comparisons of new
procurement processes and technologies as well as making recommendations for investment decisions.
· Management and optimisation of operational processes, functions, applications and infrastructure in providing futuristic
capabilities in provision of strategic and tactical procurement activities
· Ensure that the developed Supply Chain solutions delivers an improvement regarding customer bidding, supplier readiness,
order processing, goods delivery to point of need, post product supply support and data; verification, management and
· Efficient & clear technical coordination of stakeholders within a matrix structure accomplished through team building, decision
making and milestone management
· Demonstration of excellent interpersonal skills including engaging at all levels through active & sustained communication,
presentation and driven by high levels of motivation and project ambition
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
· Master Degree (or equivalent) in a technical or functional field,
· Knowledge of Supply Chain processes and methods
· Solid experiences in Airbus business processes
· Experience in working operationally within DS programs
· Proven leadership skills and the ability to lead virtual teams
· Good communications and presentation skills with ability to adapt to different contexts and targets
· Innovation mindset
· Team player skills
· English Language skills (negotiation level)
Constructeur aéronautique, Airbus est aujourd’hui le leader mondial de la construction d’avions de ligne. Créé à la fin des années 1960 avec le projet A300, lancé à l’initiative de plusieurs pays européens, il fabrique des avions de 100 places (A318) à plus de 500 places (A380). Il appartient au groupe EADS, renommé « Airbus Group » en 2014, et présent sur 170 sites dans le monde. 6000 avions Airbus sont aujourd’hui en exploitation, avec une volonté du constructeur aéronautique de mettre l’accent sur la réduction de l’empreinte carbone (réduction de la quantité de CO2 produite par avion).
Airbus, dont le siège est situé près de Toulouse, compte 59 000 employés dans le monde et 15 sites principaux situés en France, Allemagne, Espagne et Royaume-Uni (ainsi que d’autres sites aux Etats-Unis, en Chine, au Moyen-Orient et au Japon).