Airbus Defence and Space Manching
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for an Employee retrofit management Eurofighter SUZ (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Defence and Space in Manching. The successful applicant will „TASSC4-TL3 - Retrofit Planning and Services”.
The "Retrofit Planning and Services" department at the System Support Centre (SUZ) is responsible for planning, coordinating and controlling national and international retrofit measures on the Eurofighter weapon system.
In your new role, you will be in close contact with military customers, Eurofighter GmbH, partner companies and suppliers as well as internal departments.
The tasks in detail:
· Independent analysis of the complete material requirements of Technical Instructions for Operation (TAB) as well as the independent preparation of a recommendation for action for the material stocking and start time of the technical measures.
· Logistical preparation of the technical contents of change documents, such as modifications or RFA, as a basis for expert advice to customers on the implementation of retrofitting measures.
· Assistance in the preparation of decision documents for the implementation of retrofitting measures, especially for the German customer.
· Support in the planning, coordination and control of retrofit projects (on and off a/c) as well as sample installations on the Eurofighter weapon system (national and international).
· Contact for all retrofitting topics on the EUROFIGHTER weapon system
· Goal-oriented processing and coordination of all customer enquiries relevant for retrofitting under the aspects of "quality", "time" and "costs".
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
· Technician/ master craftsman with professional experience specific to weapons systems and basic knowledge of business administration.
· Basic knowledge and practical experience with the weapon system Eurofighter are required.
· Basic knowledge of military in-service procedures is required.
· Customer-oriented thinking and acting, good communicative abilities and team ability in the national and international environment are presupposed.
· The readiness for occasional business trips is assumed.
· Basic knowledge of project management is an advantage.
· Basic knowledge of aircraft configuration principles is an advantage.
· Basic knowledge of the EF modification process is an advantage.
· A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products is required.
· A good knowledge of IETP-X-Bw System Eurofighter is required.
· Experience in dealing with databases.
· Fluent knowledge of German; good knowledge of English
Constructeur aéronautique, Airbus est aujourd’hui le leader mondial de la construction d’avions de ligne. Créé à la fin des années 1960 avec le projet A300, lancé à l’initiative de plusieurs pays européens, il fabrique des avions de 100 places (A318) à plus de 500 places (A380). Il appartient au groupe EADS, renommé « Airbus Group » en 2014, et présent sur 170 sites dans le monde. 6000 avions Airbus sont aujourd’hui en exploitation, avec une volonté du constructeur aéronautique de mettre l’accent sur la réduction de l’empreinte carbone (réduction de la quantité de CO2 produite par avion).
Airbus, dont le siège est situé près de Toulouse, compte 59 000 employés dans le monde et 15 sites principaux situés en France, Allemagne, Espagne et Royaume-Uni (ainsi que d’autres sites aux Etats-Unis, en Chine, au Moyen-Orient et au Japon).