Airbus Group Corporate Functions Munich
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
The Airbus Chief Technology Office (CTO) is looking for an Electrical Systems Scientist (f/m) to join our Central Research & Technology - Virtual Product Engineering department in Ottobrunn, Germany.
With your creative and analytic mind, you will use your unique expertise to conduct research projects which realize the technology needs for generation after next products.
The job holder covers some of the key competences for Electrical Systems expertise, ensuring they will be available and developed within the Central R&T team and for the benefit of CTO Demonstrator projects, focused on breakthrough technologies for the next generation of products.
The principle responsibilities of the roles can be summarized as follows;
· To conduct research projects which realize the technology needs for generation after next products.
· To actively contribute to the research projects within their field and understand the value that they can deliver to future products,
· To identify opportunities for internal and external engagement based on developments within their field,
· To support stakeholder engagement and effectively communicate project outcomes to ensure technology transfer and knowledge retention in their field
· To understand the impact of their activity within the scope of the Group Technology Roadmaps and develop their research community,
· To ensure all research conducted and intellectual property generated is properly protected
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Your Boarding Pass
· You have a degree in Electrical-, Thermal engineering or similar
· You are experienced with Battery cells & Batteries systems
· You have the ability to assess any breakthrough technology in this field
· You bring competence in one or more of the following fields: Electric drive, Hybrid Electric propulsion, Superconducting machine, HVDC power conversion and distribution, Wireless Systems or Wireless Power Transfer
· You are aware of safety critical system design
· You are fluent in English
Here are some other vacancies your might like
Constructeur aéronautique, Airbus est aujourd’hui le leader mondial de la construction d’avions de ligne. Créé à la fin des années 1960 avec le projet A300, lancé à l’initiative de plusieurs pays européens, il fabrique des avions de 100 places (A318) à plus de 500 places (A380). Il appartient au groupe EADS, renommé « Airbus Group » en 2014, et présent sur 170 sites dans le monde. 6000 avions Airbus sont aujourd’hui en exploitation, avec une volonté du constructeur aéronautique de mettre l’accent sur la réduction de l’empreinte carbone (réduction de la quantité de CO2 produite par avion).
Airbus, dont le siège est situé près de Toulouse, compte 59 000 employés dans le monde et 15 sites principaux situés en France, Allemagne, Espagne et Royaume-Uni (ainsi que d’autres sites aux Etats-Unis, en Chine, au Moyen-Orient et au Japon).