Airbus Defence and Space Munich (ex Astrium SV)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Digital Architect New Business Models and Services (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Defence and Space in Ottobrunn. The successful applicant will join “TZB – New Business Models & Services”.
The New Business Models and Services (aka NBMS) is a new organization focused on creating significant new revenue base from digitally-enabled business models and services. Under the executive sponsorship of the CEO Airbus Defense & Space and the Airbus Digital Transformation Officer, the NBMS organization is an integral part of the Airbus Digital Transformation initiative with responsibility to create new disruptive business models across the 3 divisions of Airbus.
The position of Digital Architect, NBMS, will report to the Technical PM of NBMS. The main purpose of the role is to enable NBMS venture teams in their
digital journey, to re-imagine and transform customer engagements, employee experiences, business models and operations. This role will work very
closely with the DTO and ICT teams.
· Build digital architecture for specific use cases of new digital business models
· Map customer/user journey to data and process flows
· Provide technical support to New Business Models and Services venture teams
· Translate the business requirements of teams to technical requirements
· Advise venture team on digital technologies e.g. cloud, machine learning, big data analytics
· Support NBMS venture teams in developing strategy to enhance the product and/or service enabled by digital tools and offering
· Support development of payment platforms, billing and security solutions for venture teams
· Support the Technical PM in developing the technical roadmap with DTO/CTO teams
· Support the Technical PM in partnering with DTO teams to build digital platforms that are fit for purpose
Key success measures include
· Technical support provided to NMBS venture teams
· Ability to work across Airbus networks
· Achievement of specific milestones (e.g. payment and billing platforms for NBMS use case teams)
· 360 degree stakeholder feedback on role performance and coaching
· Some travel within Europe and USA
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
· Degree in Engineering, IT or equivalent
· Extensive relevant industry experience
· Understanding of the general, technical and business environment in
which Airbus operates
· Awareness of business and technology priorities
· Solid experience in digital technologies e.g. cloud, machine learning, big data analytics
· Analytical, structured thinker
· Team player, collaborative working style
· Strong communications skills at all levels of the organization
· Ability and willingness to travel as the position will require some travel within Europe and to the US
· Language skills - fluent English; French and/or German working level
Here are some other vacancies your might like
Constructeur aéronautique, Airbus est aujourd’hui le leader mondial de la construction d’avions de ligne. Créé à la fin des années 1960 avec le projet A300, lancé à l’initiative de plusieurs pays européens, il fabrique des avions de 100 places (A318) à plus de 500 places (A380). Il appartient au groupe EADS, renommé « Airbus Group » en 2014, et présent sur 170 sites dans le monde. 6000 avions Airbus sont aujourd’hui en exploitation, avec une volonté du constructeur aéronautique de mettre l’accent sur la réduction de l’empreinte carbone (réduction de la quantité de CO2 produite par avion).
Airbus, dont le siège est situé près de Toulouse, compte 59 000 employés dans le monde et 15 sites principaux situés en France, Allemagne, Espagne et Royaume-Uni (ainsi que d’autres sites aux Etats-Unis, en Chine, au Moyen-Orient et au Japon).