Airbus Defence and Space Ottobrunn
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a DevOps Engineer (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Defence and Space. The successful applicant will join Operations digital Platforms.
Now is a unique moment in history to join Airbus Defence & Space!
The space and defence industry is facing unprecedented opportunities and challenges in a world that is becoming more complex and less predictable. For instance, deploying payloads into space is becoming much cheaper, which opens up space to new commercial users and entrepreneurial business models.
Unmanned aerial vehicles (“drones”) provide deep insight into the well-being of our fragile planet, and allow delivery of payloads into areas that are too dirty, dull or dangerous for human pilots. Drones also hold promise for moving people around congested cities. Meanwhile, the ramifications of conflicts around the world stretch all the way to the core of affluent Western democracies, both offline and online. Threats to critical infrastructure, payment systems and mainstream media for instance illustrate the asymmetric nature of many conflicts, requiring better security and protection in cyber-space. Meanwhile, governments are striving to improve the total cost of ownership of their existing military assets, such as military aircraft. They are also increasingly buying new assets as a service, in the process forcing a business model transformation upon their suppliers.
The Digital Platform which is being created now at Airbus Defence & Space is a crucial foundation for these transformations, as it enables promising internal and external use cases that improve operational performance, open up new markets, and ultimately contribute to making the world a safer place.
As a member of our growing DevOps Engineering team, you responsibility is the day to day development and continuous enhancement of the Airbus Digital Platform as a Service (PaaS) layer to meet the demands of our business. The PaaS layer offers business projects across all program lines the vital building blocks they need to create new solutions for either new business services or increasing operational excellence. To be successful, you must have an automation-first mindset and deep expert knowledge in one of the core technical domains of our platform (Cloud, IoT, Big Data, API) as well as sound knowledge in one of the other areas. In your role, you are part of a scrum development team and build services jointly with members of other disciplines.
· Implement new Platform as a Service (PaaS) elements defined by the platform architecture team.
· Ensure a smooth transition into operations to meet expected SLAs.
· Improve existing PaaS elements based on customer feedback, market trends, and runtime information.
· Continuously increase the automation level and resilience of the PaaS layer, i.e. in terms of self-healing capabilities and zero-touch deployment.
· Harden the PaaS layer continuously against evolving threats in close collaboration with the security team.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
· Significant experience in development, coding or operational engineering roles, optimally used to work in a DevOps environment
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever changing start up environment
· Experience in continuous Integration and continuous Delivery approaches (CICD)
· Proficiency with at least four of the following areas:
o Azure PaaS
o Docker / Kubernetes
o Databases (MySQL, MS SQL, Postgress, …)
o DevOps (Jenkins, GIT, Nexus, Maven, …)
o Programming Languages (Java, Python, PHP, …)
· Expert knowledge in one of the following areas and solid knowledge in a second one:
o Internet of Things
o API Management
o Big Data platforms and toolsets
o Cloud Services
· Understanding of the impact of underlying infrastructure (Compute, Network, Storage) is a must
· Understanding of the impact of security on software and how to secure your developments
· Solid communication and interpersonal skills are a must
· Languages: English at Negotiation Level, additional languages (i.e. French, German, Spanish, Italian) are a plus
· Experience in agile project methodologies, optimally SCRUM are a plus
· Work experience in areas such as telecommunications and/or a massively cloud-driven business (cloud provider, social networks, search engines, …) is a major plus.
Here are some other vacancies your might like
Constructeur aéronautique, Airbus est aujourd’hui le leader mondial de la construction d’avions de ligne. Créé à la fin des années 1960 avec le projet A300, lancé à l’initiative de plusieurs pays européens, il fabrique des avions de 100 places (A318) à plus de 500 places (A380). Il appartient au groupe EADS, renommé « Airbus Group » en 2014, et présent sur 170 sites dans le monde. 6000 avions Airbus sont aujourd’hui en exploitation, avec une volonté du constructeur aéronautique de mettre l’accent sur la réduction de l’empreinte carbone (réduction de la quantité de CO2 produite par avion).
Airbus, dont le siège est situé près de Toulouse, compte 59 000 employés dans le monde et 15 sites principaux situés en France, Allemagne, Espagne et Royaume-Uni (ainsi que d’autres sites aux Etats-Unis, en Chine, au Moyen-Orient et au Japon).