Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
We are looking for a DEVOps/Cloud Computing/Digital Enablers Specialist (m/f) for Airbus (Commercial Aircraft) in Hamburg to join our Capability Operations Hamburg department at the earliest possible date.
In the context of adapting Flight Physics capabilities to the future Flight Physics processes linked to the Product Development Plan (PDP) of the Future, you will be in charge of defining and developing the new Digital Platform architecture and services, with the support of the Architect Network. Your work will contribute to make the future platform a reality and a step change in the way to design aircraft.
Moreover you will identify the best architectures and available solutions on the market to answer the digital challenges of the new processes. You will also work actively with the capabilities teams and IM organizations to select, validate, prototype and release industrial digital platforms for Flight Physics.
Finally you will take responsibilities inside an existing Flight Physics product line to understand the constraints of the as-is applications and define the key factors to make them smoothly transit to the future deployment of service oriented approach.
What do we offer:
· Challenging tasks for unique services and products
· Interesting development opportunities, exciting perspectives
· Extensive company training offers (eLearning and Classroom Trainings)
· Pleasant working atmosphere in a professional and international work environment
· Flexible working hours & working time compensation
· Compatibility of work and family life, e.g. childcare services
· Attractive remuneration with components such as Christmas bonus, holiday pay, variable remuneration, profit-sharing, etc.
· Company Pension Scheme
· Employee Share Ownership Program and other share offers
· Health management, e.g. company medical officer
· Car leasing models for employees
· And a lot more
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
· Working across the capability organization to capture the various available capabilities, needs and requirements
· Developing skills in using and understanding Flight Physics capabilities
· Connecting and working with the Flight Physics Capabilities Architect Network, including links with Information Management center
· Implementing prototypes and demonstrating the value of those new approaches / architectures / deployment means on concrete use cases
· Communicating the outcome and proposing technical plans & associated roadmaps to go forward along the capability strategy
· Actively and proactively monitoring the external IT landscape to detect new potential solutions that could bring value to Flight Physics.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
You will have the following skills and experience:
· Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in Information Technology/Engineering or related discipline
· General engineering knowledge in the Flight Physics processes
· Knowledge of continuous integration processes and DevOps for software development (Jenkins, Sonar, Artifactory, Git, Ansible…)
· Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture, micro services and cloud services (AWS, containers, RESTful services…) and artificial intelligence would be highly appreciated
· Good developer skills in Python, Java and in the Eclipse RCP (EMF) framework
· Good knowledge of Linux/Windows platforms usage
· Willingness to develop prototypes under Agile Scrum environment
· Previous experience of project management would be appreciated (ideally in Agile way of working)
· Team player, ability to work in a transnational environment
· Good communication skills
· Enthusiasm, intellectual curiosity and a 'can do / will do' attitude
· Aptitude for problem-solving and innovation
· Negotiation level of English.
Constructeur aéronautique, Airbus est aujourd’hui le leader mondial de la construction d’avions de ligne. Créé à la fin des années 1960 avec le projet A300, lancé à l’initiative de plusieurs pays européens, il fabrique des avions de 100 places (A318) à plus de 500 places (A380). Il appartient au groupe EADS, renommé « Airbus Group » en 2014, et présent sur 170 sites dans le monde. 6000 avions Airbus sont aujourd’hui en exploitation, avec une volonté du constructeur aéronautique de mettre l’accent sur la réduction de l’empreinte carbone (réduction de la quantité de CO2 produite par avion).
Airbus, dont le siège est situé près de Toulouse, compte 59 000 employés dans le monde et 15 sites principaux situés en France, Allemagne, Espagne et Royaume-Uni (ainsi que d’autres sites aux Etats-Unis, en Chine, au Moyen-Orient et au Japon).