Description de l'offre
Component Loads Engineer (f/m)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Component Loads Engineer (f/m) has arisen within Airbus (Commercial Aircraft) in Hamburg. You will join the Component Loads & Component Dynamics Hamburg department.
Component loads are at the interface between the aircraft loads calculation and the airframe stress teams. Our job is to ensure component design drivers are accounted for in the process and mature loads are delivered to the stress teams, including in terms of static, fatigue, ditching/flotation, dynamic & vibration, etc.
Disabled applicants with equal qualification are favoured.
Tasks & accountabilities
For the assigned project and in regards to Front & Aft Fuselage, Vertical Tail Plane and Cabin & Cargo components your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
· Interfacing with the airframe & cabin customers and with the various load stakeholders
· Ensuring that technical requirements are captured and processes are compliant
· Contributing to the definition of technical approaches for load calculations resulting from specifications & requirements
· Assessing and evaluating plausibility of calculated aircraft loads data for the relevant components
· Generating component loads data and delivering the data by means of technical reports
· Planning & monitoring of technical deliverables, compliance with quality, time, cost expectations
· Specifying, monitoring and guiding of subcontracted activities and validating the results provided by subcontractors
· Driving & contributing to innovation and improvement projects
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
You should have the following skills and experience:
· University degree in Engineering / Aerospace Engineering (or equivalent)
· Solid professional technical experience in the area of loads and/or airframe stress
· Strong project management skills (project planning & implementation in quality, time, cost)
· Ease at working in a challenging dynamic environment with interdisciplinary and intercultural teams
· Ability to lead teams (technically & operationally)
· Excellent communication skills
· Flexible and adaptable way of working
· Fluent in English, basic German or willingness to learn German
This role will involve some business travels once a quarter in Europe and as such, you should be able to travel accordingly.