Airbus Defence and Space GmbH
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for an Armament Engineer (d/f/m) has arisen within Airbus Defence and Space in Manching. The successful applicant will join “Propelled Weapons Pods &Tornado A”.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
• Performance of Project Coordination Tasks for the Integration of External Stores onto the Eurofighter and Tornado aircraft (early Study Phase, Bid Phase, Development and Integration Phase, Clearance Phase)
• Performance of Project Management Tasks wrt. Supplier Management and Test Asset Management
• Performance of Systems Engineering Tasks for the Aircraft-Store Interface Definition
• Performance of Engineering Tasks during the Store Integration Project
• Support to the Generation of Flight Manuals and Check Lists
• Generation of Store-related Clearance Documents for Flight Testing and for Series Aircraft Qualification
• Performance of Systems Engineering Tasks during the In-Service-Support Phase
• Performance of Export Control Activities in the Engineering Organisation
• Active Participation in Continuous Improvement Initiatives
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
• University Degree in Aerospace Engineering or similar
• First Knowledge/Experience in technical Project Management
• Knowledge of the Eurofighter and Tornado Weapon Systems
• Officer's Training, Network in the German Air Force would be beneficial
• Analytical Thinking, Structured Way of Working, Team Player, Communicator, Open-Minded Character
• English fluent, Knowledge in German is beneficial