Airbus Defence and Space Ottobrunn
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
The Airbus Chief Technology Office (CTO) is looking for a Research Project Leader (f/m) to join our Central Research & Technology – Airbus Blue Sky department in Ottobrunn, Germany.
Airbus Blue Sky is Airbus' gateway to future technologies. The department defines the direction of fundamental research at the centre of the international organization. Airbus Blue Sky team members are ambassadors for academic-quality research in industry. Their goal is to impact both the scientific and aerospace worlds through research projects, white paper studies, workshops, and advocacy. They work on world-leading ideas without the constraints of product-oriented near-term development objectives.
We think critically and creatively. We dare to question. We are passionate about science and engineering. And we help shape the future of aerospace.
Define the scientific foci of Airbus Blue Sky:
· Monitor cutting edge research across a wide breadth of scientific disciplines and critically evaluate potential future benefits in the aerospace sector
· Contribute to the definition of the scientific foci of Airbus Blue Sky
Lead scientific research activities:
· Manage projects, workshops and white paper investigations with world-class researchers from academic and national laboratories
· Foster lasting connections between external researchers and Airbus community
· Ensure deadlines and budgets are met, and scientific results are achieved
Be an Airbus Blue Sky ambassador:
· Advocate for Airbus Blue Sky activities across the Airbus family and to external stakeholders, in particular: Academic researchers; National research labs; Promising startups and SMEs; Industrial partners
· Inspire and engage technical and non-technical communities, both inside and outside Airbus, in the work of Airbus Blue Sky
· Communicate Airbus Blue Sky achievements: At scientific conferences; Across digital platforms
Contribute to the development of Airbus Blue Sky:
· Actively participate in shaping and improving Airbus Blue Sky, including: Propose actions following feedback from Airbus members; Offer perspective on strengths/weaknesses of running Airbus Blue Sky activities; Implement agreed changes quickly and efficiently
· Provide support to management for the running of Airbus Blue Sky
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
· Educated to a degree in physics, applied mathematics, or an engineering discipline with experience in any of the following areas (or similar areas):
· Computational neuroscience, computational biophysics;
· Bio-inspired (multi-agent) systems;
· Bio-hardware hybridization / fusion;
· Autonomous cyber-physical / -logical systems
· Several years of experience in an academic and/or applied research setting
· Proven scientific track record: highly cited publications– publications in top-level journals is a strong plus,
· Broad scientific background with experience across multiple scientific and/or engineering disciplines.
Project management experience – basic qualifications:
· Experienced in leading and managing complex experimental research activities,
· Experience in the preparation of project proposals with multiple partners
Project management experience – preferred qualifications:
· Experience in leading and managing multi-national research projects,
· Management of annual budgets of 500+ k€ / year,
· Experience in organizing and managing workshops, conferences, colloquia or other scientific gatherings
· Works well under pressure and deadline oriented.
· Willingness to travel.
· Fluent in English. Professional-level knowledge in French is a strong plus.
Constructeur aéronautique, Airbus est aujourd’hui le leader mondial de la construction d’avions de ligne. Créé à la fin des années 1960 avec le projet A300, lancé à l’initiative de plusieurs pays européens, il fabrique des avions de 100 places (A318) à plus de 500 places (A380). Il appartient au groupe EADS, renommé « Airbus Group » en 2014, et présent sur 170 sites dans le monde. 6000 avions Airbus sont aujourd’hui en exploitation, avec une volonté du constructeur aéronautique de mettre l’accent sur la réduction de l’empreinte carbone (réduction de la quantité de CO2 produite par avion).
Airbus, dont le siège est situé près de Toulouse, compte 59 000 employés dans le monde et 15 sites principaux situés en France, Allemagne, Espagne et Royaume-Uni (ainsi que d’autres sites aux Etats-Unis, en Chine, au Moyen-Orient et au Japon).
1354 vacancies open at Airbus
- Jobangebote in Munich
- Jobangebote im Bereich Management / Projektmanagement
- Jobangebote im Bereich Management / Projektmanagement in Munich