Airbus Defence and Space GmbH
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for an Air to Air System Engineer EF Avionics (d/m/f) has arisen within Airbus Defence and Space in Manching. The successful applicant will join “Architecture & Integration”.
Tasks & accountabilities
'Quality in all we do 'is one of the most relevant principles of our Eurofighters Avionics System development.
Our mission: We give fast feedback to our Developers and know the performance and capabilities of each delivery.
We bring together components of the Eurofighter the Avionics System and examine it for the correct fulfilment of the requirements made against it. To achieve this our team prepares all the necessary system integration tests, these are carried out in the Eurofighters Avionics Test Rigs, these results are then analysed and documented. We give instant feedback to the System and Software Development teams for to eliminate errors and provide direct Flight Test and Customer support.
Why you should come to us
You are looking for exciting challenges in Europe's largest Aerospace Company.
You will attain knowledge about complex systems and thereby become a specialist in the Eurofighters Avionics system.
You co-operate closely with all areas of the Eurofighters Avionics development.
You participate in the research and production development of International projects.
You work in a team-oriented, open and friendly atmosphere with flexible working times into which you can bring to the fore your own creativity.
Your ideas for career development and to further training are supported actively by us.
You fly the EF Aircraft in the Rig, just like a pilot, and prove the product quality in 'real' flight scenarios.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Who are you
- You have experience with system integration and enjoy working with the complex systems.
- You have some knowledge of a Military Avionic system, preferably in the Air to Air & Radar domains.
- You have that certain feeling to help discover errors and a wish find their causes.
- Your style is to be active, open, and communicative & work well with others - you are a genuine Multinational team player.
- You have gained and are already had practical experiences with test tools, test methods and their application within test design.
- You guarantee that new advancements and design changes have sufficient test cover.
- You find and communicate system errors then support the developers with finding the solution.
- You have a critical view of existing practices and look to optimise the team.
- You possess pronounced abilities in the analysis of problems and approach this in an analytic, structured and systematic way.
- You use your knowledge of agile methods to inspire the team to try out new ideas.
- Your good written and spoken English allows you to fit with our common project language( English).
- A plus would be, if you bring any practical or hands on experience of working with or testing Military Avionic Systems.
- When your slogan is 'You make it, we break it ', then you are right with us.