Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
We are looking for an Air Generation Systems Controls and Digitalisation Specialist (m/f) within Airbus (Commercial Aircraft) in Hamburg to join the department Air Generation at the earliest possible start date.
What does your new challenge look like?
Environmental Control Systems (ECS) are needed to provide controlled conditions in which passengers and crew can safely and comfortably work and travel. The Air Generation System, as one of the core systems of ECS, provides conditioned air to the pressurised fuselage and maintains a safe and comfortable environment for crew and passengers.
You will be responsible for dedicated tasks within the scope of the system development, modification, troubleshooting and evolution of the Air Generation, Temperature Control and Conditioned Air Supply Systems for current Development and In-Service programmes (i.e. A350, SA, A330/A340, A380, etc.).
What can you expect?
· You will be responsible for the definition, development and integration of control functions and systems to match the required safety, airworthiness, technical and performance level according to the Airbus systems engineering processes and the needs of our customers
· You will be responsible for the troubleshooting, change and final fix activities through root cause analysis, system testing, data analysis and performance simulation
· You will employ big data analysis methods to define new predictive maintenance algorithms, optimise the operation of our system and propose new services to our customers
· You will be in close contact with system suppliers, production and customer support
· You will be responsible for system modifications that become necessary for successful entry into service and beyond
· You will participate in international, integrated project teams for developing and certifying Aircraft systems and defining the interfaces to other Aircraft systems
· You will participate in corresponding equipment and system reviews, and you will be responsible for ensuring deliverables and outcomes to both direct reporting lines and the respective project manager
What do you bring?
· You have a University degree in Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent
· You ideally can demonstrate work experience in Systems Engineering (e.g. Requirements Engineering & Management, Verification & Validation) and knowledge in Airworthiness Regulations and System Safety
· You bring knowledge in hardware and software development and processes
· You preferably demonstrate modelling experience in Matlab/Simulink and knowledge in Model-Based System Engineering (MBSE) and software integration and validation through simulation
· You have knowledge of data exploration and data analytics methods using Python for developing and optimising systems and other potential business opportunities
· You preferably bring experience in technical coordination and communication with internal and external customers and stakeholders in an international environment
· Your team spirit, open-mindedness and willingness to learn and deliver complete your profile
· Your English is at a negotiation level; an advanced level of German is appreciated
This role will involve some travel for business (not more than once per month) worldwide and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
Constructeur aéronautique, Airbus est aujourd’hui le leader mondial de la construction d’avions de ligne. Créé à la fin des années 1960 avec le projet A300, lancé à l’initiative de plusieurs pays européens, il fabrique des avions de 100 places (A318) à plus de 500 places (A380). Il appartient au groupe EADS, renommé « Airbus Group » en 2014, et présent sur 170 sites dans le monde. 6000 avions Airbus sont aujourd’hui en exploitation, avec une volonté du constructeur aéronautique de mettre l’accent sur la réduction de l’empreinte carbone (réduction de la quantité de CO2 produite par avion).
Airbus, dont le siège est situé près de Toulouse, compte 59 000 employés dans le monde et 15 sites principaux situés en France, Allemagne, Espagne et Royaume-Uni (ainsi que d’autres sites aux Etats-Unis, en Chine, au Moyen-Orient et au Japon).