Air Liquide is the world leader in gases for industry, health and the
environment, and is present in over 80 countries with 65,000 employees.
The subsidiary “AL DEUTSCHLAND”, with its sister German companies, is
the second largest multi business line Entity in Europe.
Smart Innovative Operation (SIO) is a key element of the Air Liquide Large
Industries (LI) strategic plan, supporting to move towards a Customer
Centric organization. The program leverages developments in the field of
digitization and big data analyses and was defined with the aim to make a
step change in Real-Time Decision-Making, and to improve customer
satisfaction through improved Safety, Reliability and Efficiency
As a part of the Central West Europe Large Industries team implementing
the LI Strategy, you will be working on a Real Time Optimizer (RTO) Model,
reporting to the head of Production Control & Efficiency, Lage Industries.
The RTO simulates all of Air Liquide’s production facilities connected to its
600km of pipeline network in Germany, and calculates the optimal run of its
facilities depending on the off-take of its customers. The tool is of key
importance in the optimization of efficiency in our plants.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
● interface with a variety of teams including production sites, energy
managers, commercial teams and business administration in order
to define the key parameters to be included in the RTO model for a
further enhancement of the model.
● create and improve the interface with other systems to adaptation of
optimization models, collect information for modelling from Control
● enhance the optimization model and develop and improve the
Customer Demand forecast module.
● provide input data for the optimization or integrating optimization
results in the Distributed Control System of plants.
● Masters degree in engineering
● Project management skills
● Programming Experience e.g. C#, VBA, JAVA and SQL Knowledge
e.g. MS SQL, MS Access, Oracle are required
● Experience with optimization platforms e.g. AIMMS would be a plus
● Very good communication skills, motivated, proactive