The Air Liquide Forschung und Entwicklung GmbH (AL R&D) is one of 8 R&D Centers within the worldwide Air Liquide Group. The research activities focus on finding answers to pressing social challenges in the fields of environmental protection and the production and storage of energy.
We concentrate on innovative methods for the generation and application of industrial gases in areas like synthesis gas, gas purification, hydrogen mobility or the production of basic chemicals. Our special strength is the scale-up of results from numerous pilot plants to large scale and in close collaboration with internal and external partners from industry and science.
The core team dealing with LCA consists of three people, the project manager (Italian) is located in Frankfurt (Germany) and would mentor the V.I.E. candidate one other project team member (French) is located in the R&D Center in Paris, the third one (Slovak) in the R&D Center in the USA
● You will work within a team of LCA specialists for a wide range of internal clients
● Potential topics of LCA studies include:
○ large scale production of Air Liquide’s Essential Small Molecules,
○ assessment of novel process schemes in terms of environmental benefits,
○ assessment of new R&D developments using streamlined LCA methodology,
● working together with our customers to find the best combination of their and our technologies to achieve the largest improvement of overall environmental footprint.
● participate third party contacts with academics, start-ups, suppliers and customers while ensuring close cooperation with internal stakeholders.
● you have experience in chemical process engineering and strong interest in environmental / sustainable topics
● You have experience in environmental engineering / sustainability and strong interest in the chemical process industries
Education (engineering school / university)
Fields of study :
● chemistry / chemical engineering
● ecology / environment / sustainability
German helpful but not Required