Job Function: Supply Chain Management
State / Province: Germany
Position Type: Full time
City / Location: Herzogenaurach
Somewhere, in one of our workshops right now, the future is taking shape. We are constantly working to redefine the way clothing and footwear transforms the pitch, court or course. This is what drives us: the feeling of discovery and the urge to innovate. When we create a product that makes our hearts beat faster, we know we’re onto something.
If this sounds inspiring, you might be one of us: Someone who loves to create the present, as well as shape the future. There’s a reason adidas has been at the forefront of defining sport for more than 60 years: We never stand still. Everyday, we work to improve everything we create.
At adidas, interesting, amazing and inspiring aren’t just ideas. They are what we do every single day.
Manage the global transportation activities and processes. Maintain and improve service levels in order to deliver a high level of responsiveness and flexibility. Understand the transportation requirements of the adidas Group’s stakeholders and translate those into service deliverables and system/data requirements towards our Logistics Service Providers.
· Document the process requirements and service deliverables in Standard Operating Procedures and/or Service Level Agreements and ensure that the agreed processes and service are implemented and executed successfully in the day-to-day operations and within the scope of contractual agreements.
· Coordinate and support the execution as well as the fine-tuning / adaptation of Standard Operating Procedures and continuously educate the markets on global processes and policies.
· Work closely with the markets as well as with the Sourcing Organizations and make sure local requirements are well understood and safeguarded in the day-to-day business and its various contracts.
· Contribute to the implementation of new transportation solutions for the market’s supply chain and commercial organizations while supporting the needs of the business.
· Support the integration of Logistics Service Providers into the adidas Group’s system landscape.
· Manage the transportation processes end to end across all modes of transport, from factories to arrival at DC’s including resolution of issues related to transportation planning and execution.
· Standardize, align and constantly re-assess global transport requirements on vendor portfolio, operational processes and connectivity / data processes.
· Identify and contribute to deliver opportunities for cost reductions and service level improvements including opportunities to support business growth.
· Support in establishing agreed logistics processes, KPI’s and cost reduction targets.
· Manage the LSPs by performing regular business review meetings based on the provision of the aligned KPIs.
· Support supply chain projects from an operations and process point of view.
Knowledge, Capabilities and Experience
· Ability to solve practical and theoretical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Team player, high degree of self-management, enthusiasm, drives to perform. Self-starter, ability to work and build cooperation in a multinational team / matrix organization, very strong in negotiation and finding compromise.
· Strong record of successfully applying problem solving and project management skills including good planning and organization.
· Understanding of the bigger picture and end-to-end supply chain.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and in writing, to interact effectively and efficiently on different layers of the organization.
· Ability to work and deliver in changing environments, under very limited guidance while adhering to specified deadlines.
· Extensive knowledge of the Ocean, Air and Land transport markets.
· Excellent language proficiency; multi-lingual abilities in another languages preferred
· A 4-year degree from an accredited college or university with emphasis on the areas of business, economics, logistics, planning, supply chain, information systems, or operations; MBA a plus
· 2-3 year work experience, ideally in an apparel/fashion supply chain management or a fast moving logistics environment, particularly related to supplier/contract, project and supply chain management including an overall logistics responsibility.
· Experience in multi-national transportation logistics and project management with the drive and energy to implement change.