Job Function: Product Development
State / Province: Germany
Position Type: Full time
City / Location: Herzogenaurach
Somewhere, in one of our workshops right now, the future is taking shape. We are constantly working to redefine the way clothing and footwear transforms the pitch, court or course. This is what drives us: the feeling of discovery and the urge to innovate. When we create a product that makes our hearts beat faster, we know we’re onto something.
If this sounds inspiring, you might be one of us: Someone who loves to create the present, as well as shape the future. There’s a reason adidas has been at the forefront of defining sport for more than 60 years: We never stand still. Everyday, we work to improve everything we create.
At adidas, interesting, amazing and inspiring aren’t just ideas. They are what we do every single day.
Ensure the availability of materials, which support the strategic marketing & design direction to enable commercial success. Finds or develops the right materials according to calendar timelines, target prices, sourcing policy, and quality standards.
· Be the key contact and consultant for all material related questions for all internal interfaces
· Lead all cross-functional discussions related to materials topics, steer the material selection process and drive material consolidation to improve material efficiency
· Build and maintain a close relationship with interfaces such as Design, Creation Center Product Development, Material Sourcing, Quality and Suppliers
· Ensure availability of correct materials data in FlexPLM (technical data, cost, toolbox, lifecycle)
· Identify suitable sources for new material developments (aligned with material sourcing strategy) and guide suppliers to translate the design vision into new, innovative material which meet commercial needs of the brand
· Initiate and monitor all material developments (work together with suppliers, Sourcing, Quality and Creation Center Development) and be responsible for initial material price negotiations with suppliers (direct development) during development stage
· Ensure that all selected materials are tested and approved by Materials Quality in accordance with applicable calendar timelines
· Cooperate with cross-functional team to create a focused material toolbox and coach the cross-functional team on how to improve material efficiencies
· Set up and maintain the materials library and work on continuously improving the setup and tools for the product creation teams
· Provide latest information on material trends to the respective Business Units/ categories also by gathering innovative input from relevant fairs, supplier meetings, apparel material show etc
· Drive Innovation projects and ensure their successful technical implementation and documentation
Knowledge, Capabilities and Experience
· Advanced communication skills, especially when interacting with different levels of business
· Ability to create, plan and effectively deliver presentations in formal and informal settings
· Ability to anticipate problems, offers solutions, and address issues with materials in order to meet the Design team’s aesthetic goals and financial targets
· Ability to cope with change
· Ability to work independently or with limited guidance
· Ability to accept and meet critical deadlines with good planning and organization skills
· Fluent English (verbal and written)
· Strong IT skills (e-mail, MS office)
· Four year college or university degree in textile engineering or comparable degree/education
· Minimum of 2-3 years work experience in the fabric production industry (knowledge of manufacturing process, fabrics, mechanical and chemical treatments)