Job Function: Marketing & Communications
State / Province: Germany
Position Type: Intern
City / Location: Herzogenaurach
Somewhere, in one of our workshops right now, the future is taking shape. We are constantly working to redefine the way clothing and footwear transforms the pitch, court or course. This is what drives us: the feeling of discovery and the urge to innovate. When we create a product that makes our hearts beat faster, we know we’re onto something.
If this sounds inspiring, you might be one of us: Someone who loves to create the present, as well as shape the future. There’s a reason adidas has been at the forefront of defining sport for more than 60 years: We never stand still. Everyday, we work to improve everything we create.
At adidas, interesting, amazing and inspiring aren’t just ideas. They are what we do every single day.
Want to practice what you've learned at university? Do you want to experience hands-on what your dream job is like? Are you a sports lover who's ready to work in an international environment and take responsibility for your own projects? Then welcome to adidas. This is an opportunity to join a truly international business with an environment that is often described as dynamic, innovative, and culturally diverse. If you share our love for sport and competition and have the drive to be number one in what you do, then consider this option to join our winning team!
As a part of the Concept To Consumer (CTC) function, the mission of the Global Merchandising team is to structure, plan, and track the performance of theglobal product range across the different sports performance and style categories.
· Learn how adidas structures and organizes its global product range across each of its sports categories and sport style brands.
· Be part of the Global Merchandising process by analyzing historical data and merging this with strategic information and future trends.
· Further development of existing analytical skills.
· Think creatively and contribute to new approaches to Merchandising.
· Join a young and dynamic team with different nationalities.
· Understand the sports fashion industry, adidas’ customers and our consumers.
· Be(come) an Excel genius and PowerPoint pro.
· Gain understanding of Global Merchandising, strategic planning and development. Working with key stakeholders from Business Units, other CTC Teams, Channels (Retail, eCom, Wholesale, Franchise) and Markets.
· Promote analytical skills through tasks such as creative analysis, creation of new and relevant reports, and presentation of the data/conclusions.
· Support the selection of the global retail product range (buying)
· Support the team in the preparation of presentations and reports for sales performance feedback and weekly trading meetings
· Promote communication and organizational/coordination skills be responsible for certain X-category tasks related to Global Ranges
· Passionate about sports and fashion.
· Student of Marketing/Product/Retail/Supply Chain Management with a strong analytical focus - enrolled for the complete duration of the internship or in a gap year between Bachelor and Master’s degree (EU citizens only! Only applies to EU citizens due to working permit regulations.)
· Fluent in English spoken and written.
· Have save a broad excel knowledge and ideally are very good with MS Office.
· Team player, communicative, and motivated
Application Deadline: October 28, 2018
Start Dates:March 1st, 2019 or March 15th, 2019
Duration: 6 months
Location: adidas Headquarters in Herzogenaurach (near Nuremberg)
Please apply in the same language as the job description and be aware that applications without a cover letter cannot be considered.
To apply, please visit our website: http://www.careers.adidas-group.com/
Make your move to the World of Sports. Check out: www.herzo.adidas-group.com