Job Function: Accounting & Finance
State / Province: Germany
Position Type: Intern
City / Location: Herzogenaurach
Somewhere, in one of our workshops right now, the future is taking shape. We are constantly working to redefine the way clothing and footwear transforms the pitch, court or course. This is what drives us: the feeling of discovery and the urge to innovate. When we create a product that makes our hearts beat faster, we know we’re onto something.
If this sounds inspiring, you might be one of us: Someone who loves to create the present, as well as shape the future. There’s a reason adidas has been at the forefront of defining sport for more than 60 years: We never stand still. Everyday, we work to improve everything we create.
At adidas, interesting, amazing and inspiring aren’t just ideas. They are what we do every single day.
Want to practice what you've learned at university? Do you want to experience hands-on what your dream job is like? Are you a sports lover who's ready to work in an international environment and take responsibility for your own projects? Then welcome to adidas. This is an opportunity to join a truly international business with an environment that is often described as dynamic, innovative, and culturally diverse. If you share our love for sport and competition and have the drive to be number one in what you do, then consider this option to join our winning team!
You would like to know how an international, multicorporate corporation is structured? How management can monitor the adherence to important regulations in a global business? How it is possible to facilitate process transparency, effectiveness and efficiency?
If these questions raise your attention, you are the right person for an internship in our team.
By raising awareness, using a consistent global Internal Control System (ICS) approach and establishing best-practice sharing, the Group Policies & Internal Controls function (GP&IC) supports process transparency, effectiveness and efficiency, as well as compliance with continuously tightening legal regulations. Acting as an important internal business partner, an additional key task of GP&IC is to provide defined stakeholders – like the Executive & Supervisory Board, as well as all markets and brands of adidas – with adequate information.
· Support the team enhancing the existing ICS framework by revising key controls and testing procedures
· Develop and create reports, analyses and presentations for different stakeholders, e.g. the Executive and the Supervisory Board
· Maintain adidas’ Global Policy Manual (GPM) and foster company-wide communication of internal policies
· Support updating adidas’ accounting principles, as well as the implementation of new/revised International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) / International Accounting Standards (IAS)
· Support the quarterly Representation Letter communication and submission process covering all Markets and Brands
· Support the preparation of the Notes to the quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements of adidas AG
· Maneuver in a highly dynamic and constantly changing environment
· Studying Business Administration / Economics / Business Law or the like (enrolled student at least in the 4th semester of study)
· Major in Finance/Accounting is an asset
· Knowledge in the areas of Corporate Governance, Accounting and/or Auditing
· Fluent English and German language skills (written & spoken)
· Analytical thinking & a structured working style
· Hands-on-mentality & ability to work independently
· Strong computer skills (including MS-Office )
Application Deadline: October 28, 2018
Start Dates:March 1st, 2019 or March 15th, 2019
Duration: 6 months
Location: adidas Headquarters in Herzogenaurach (near Nuremberg)
Please apply in the same language as the job description and be aware that applications without a cover letter cannot be considered.
To apply, please visit our website: http://www.careers.adidas-group.com/
Make your move to the World of Sports. Check out: www.herzo.adidas-group.com