Job Function: Audit
State / Province: Germany
Position Type: Intern
City / Location: Herzogenaurach
Somewhere, in one of our workshops right now, the future is taking shape. We are constantly working to redefine the way clothing and footwear transforms the pitch, court or course. This is what drives us: the feeling of discovery and the urge to innovate. When we create a product that makes our hearts beat faster, we know we’re onto something.
If this sounds inspiring, you might be one of us: Someone who loves to create the present, as well as shape the future. There’s a reason adidas has been at the forefront of defining sport for more than 60 years: We never stand still. Everyday, we work to improve everything we create.
At adidas, interesting, amazing and inspiring aren’t just ideas. They are what we do every single day.
Want to practice what you've learned at university? Do you want to experience hands-on what your dream job is like? Are you a sports lover who's ready to work in an international environment and take responsibility for your own projects? Then welcome to adidas. This is an opportunity to join a truly international business with an environment that is often described as dynamic, innovative, and culturally diverse. If you share our love for sport and competition and have the drive to be number one in what you do, then consider this option to join our winning team!
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organisation:
Contribute to execution of internal audits by being a team member in all phases of audit execution (Planning, Fieldwork, Completion, Reporting & Wrap-Up). Perform audit tests to verify effectiveness of internal controls. Identify risks and issues and communicate to auditee both verbally (in update meetings, in closing meetings) and written (in closing presentation and audit reports). Learn internal audit methodology, business processes, risk assessment techniques, root cause analysis and critical thinking skills.
· Documentation of audit procedures completed within internal audit software;
· Prepared and submitted for internal review timely, with all coaching notes and learning opportunities addressed.
· Conclude on tests performed to rate effectiveness of internal controls.
· Identification of issues and remediating actions written for audit report and follow-up tracking.
· Follow-up on remediation.
· Perform interviews and process walkthroughs with business process owners.
· Document results of audit tests and conclude on risks.
· Daily debrief with audit team leads on progress, findings and to obtain guidance.
· Learn adidas’ internal audit practices through coaching, development and work experience
· Opportunity for broad exposure to many areas of the business
· Develop baseline understanding of commercial and operational elements of industry through participation in audit reviews of sales organizations and functions
· Student of Commerce with specialization in Finance, Accounting, Controlling, Auditing
· Enrolled as fulltime student for the complete duration of the internship. Or in the so called gap year between Bachelor and Master’s degree (Only applies to EU citizens due to working permit regulations!)
· Fluent in English and German
· Excellent skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
Experience with internal audit and data analytics software preferred
Previous internship working in external or internal audit preferred
Application Deadline: October 28, 2018
Start Dates:March 1st, 2019 or March 15th, 2019
Duration: 6 months
Location: adidas Headquarters in Herzogenaurach (near Nuremberg)
Please apply in the same language as the job description and be aware that applications without a cover letter cannot be considered.
To apply, please visit our website: http://www.careers.adidas-group.com/
Make your move to the World of Sports. Check out: www.herzo.adidas-group.com