Job Function: Accounting & Finance
State / Province: Germany
Position Type: Intern
City / Location: Herzogenaurach
Somewhere, in one of our workshops right now, the future is taking shape. We are constantly working to redefine the way clothing and footwear transforms the pitch, court or course. This is what drives us: the feeling of discovery and the urge to innovate. When we create a product that makes our hearts beat faster, we know we’re onto something.
If this sounds inspiring, you might be one of us: Someone who loves to create the present, as well as shape the future. There’s a reason adidas has been at the forefront of defining sport for more than 60 years: We never stand still. Everyday, we work to improve everything we create.
At adidas, interesting, amazing and inspiring aren’t just ideas. They are what we do every single day.
Want to practice what you've learned at university? Do you want to experience hands-on what your dream job is like? Are you a sports lover who's ready to work in an international environment and take responsibility for your own projects? Then welcome to adidas. This is an opportunity to join a truly international business with an environment that is often described as dynamic, innovative, and culturally diverse. If you share our love for sport and competition and have the drive to be number one in what you do, then consider this option to join our winning team!
· Support the team in their role of financial consultant / business partners to the BUs Originals and Core
· Creating transparency about business performance through analysis and reporting
· Giving recommendations to enable and drive fact-based decision-making
· Support the team in day to day tasks and create transparency on KPIs with respect to business plans (Net Sales, volume, margin)
· Manage small sized projects and support the implementation of findings and sustainability of achievements
· Support and implement adequate and aligned communication packages to present results, recommendations and solutions
· Apply state of the art analytical tools regarding workload indicators, margin calculation, market overlap etc. This includes standard reporting, ad-hoc analysis as well as margin calculation, Sales projections and Buying Volume information
· Work to achieve objectives and deliver results with a short-term, operational focus as part of the department targets
· Execute and interpret variance analysis
· Student of Business Administration ideally with focus on Controlling/Finance
· Enrolled as fulltime student for the complete duration of the internship. Or in the so-called gap year between Bachelor and Master’s degree (Only applies to EU citizens due to working permit regulations!)
· Fluent English language skills
· Strong analytical skills with Excel, technical skills in Microstrategy and SAP are a plus
· Strong communication skills
· Project management skills
· Work well both independently and in a team setting
Application Deadline: October 28, 2018
Start Dates:March 1st, 2019 or March 15th, 2019
Duration: 6 months
Location: adidas Headquarters in Herzogenaurach (near Nuremberg)
Please apply in the same language as the job description and be aware that applications without a cover letter cannot be considered.
To apply, please visit our website: http://www.careers.adidas-group.com/
Make your move to the World of Sports. Check out: www.herzo.adidas-group.com