Job Function: Product Development
State / Province: Vietnam
Position Type: Full time
City / Location: Ho Chi Minh City
Reebok is the original fitness brand. Fitness is who we are.
We pioneered a fitness movement and we are still pioneering today. Every day we are creating products for those who love fitness as much as we do; products that allow you to get every ounce out of your work-out, run, walk, yoga, step or dance class.
We believe fitness is a way of life… that as humans we were made to move. Movement not only makes your body stronger, it makes you the best possible you…body, mind and spirit.
At Reebok, our employees embrace this mission and are encouraged to reach for their fitness goals – as well as their career and personal goals. It’s part of the fabric of who we are and what we stand for.
Purpose/Key Responsibilities: (Mission of job/General area of responsibility)
· Drive the development of new technology bottoms/uppers and components in FE for the US Performance-Innovation Team. Work closely with factory development staff development staff and key T2 vendors to ensure projects are delivered on schedule. Report the status and communicate all issues to the Performance-Innovation development team in the US. Manage the purchase along with the set-up of new equipment or tooling and verify all costing information.
· Lead the successful manufacturing start-up in Asia of proprietary Reebok Performance - Innovation technology bottoms/upper and components in FE.
· Ensure that all Performance-Innovation bottom, upper or component issues related to the initial development, commercialization, technical specifications and quality assurance standards are communicated daily.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Manage the production qualification for proprietary Performance-Innovation technology bottoms/uppers and components as well as the overall production environment.
· Drive the creation of all technical and quality assurance documentation for all Performance technology bottoms/uppers and components.
· Support the Performance-Innovation Commercialization Manger in all aspects of the commercialization and production phases in factory. Including raw materials, sub-assembled parts, QC testing apparatus and final components.
· Ensure the on-time delivery of commercialization and production samples by working closely with the Running-Innovation Commercialization Manger.
· Communicate all issues related to Running-Innovation technology bottoms/uppers and components to the appropriate people.
· Communicate across all levels of the organization as needed: ensure the Director Advanced Development & Technology Management and/or Commercialization Manager are receiving appropriate information in a timely manner so that decisions can be made.
· Understand and implement all Adidas/Reebok policies pertaining to the confidentiality of the Performance-Innovation technology bottoms/uppers and/or components that are being commercialized. Use good judgment on when to be principle centered vs. policy driven.
· Provide development tracking reports for components/bottoms/uppers that are distributed in a timely manner and help to improve the reporting process.
· Ensure value/cost optimization by providing efficient manufacturing ideas and expertise throughout the development and production process.
· Drive the daily management of vendor relationships, including regular (scheduled and un-scheduled) visits to all manufacturing facilities.
· Preferably hold a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Material Science, Manufacturing or a related field.
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
· A recent graduate or up to three years working in a technical capacity.