Job Function: Information Technology
State / Province: Germany
Position Type: Full time
City / Location: Herzogenaurach
Somewhere, in one of our workshops right now, the future is taking shape. We are constantly working to redefine the way clothing and footwear transforms the pitch, court or course. This is what drives us: the feeling of discovery and the urge to innovate. When we create a product that makes our hearts beat faster, we know we’re onto something.
If this sounds inspiring, you might be one of us: Someone who loves to create the present, as well as shape the future. There’s a reason adidas has been at the forefront of defining sport for more than 60 years: We never stand still. Everyday, we work to improve everything we create.
At adidas, interesting, amazing and inspiring aren’t just ideas. They are what we do every single day.
Lead, manage and deliver large-scale projects/programs (> € 1 million) on a global level across GOPS and respective functions within the boundaries of time, cost & quality while focusing on the customers’ expectations and requirements.
· Highlight economically beneficial opportunities as they arise, co-plan the concept and return on investment with Senior Leadership from GIT and Business.
· Lead and manage to successfully deliver global and x-functional projects/programs, end-to-end, ideally through applying PMI methodology effectively.
· Raise any project/program scope ambiguity with Senior Leadership, seek clarity to be able to design detailed project plans and roadmaps.
· Manage the execution and completion of the defined project plans/roadmaps through effectively coordinating people and resources.
· Drive and measure engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures to ensure KPIs are met.
· Monitor the project variables (cost, effort, scope, etc.) against the project plan in order to implement corrective or preventative actions.
· Lead the change management approach for respective projects/programs and ensure changes are smoothly and successfully implemented to achieve lasting benefits.
· Finalize all activities across the projects/programs to formally close and hand over the project, ensuring project documents are approved, completed, maintained, and stored appropriately.
· Think globally and x-functionally in order to identify project and program dependencies and their impact. Raise dependency issues with the project sponsor and proactively offer solutions
· Form and lead multi-functional project team resources (internals and externals) to deliver and support projects and programs
· Manage, coach, develop and train the formed project team members, input into performance reviews, provide feedback and allocate work considering complexity and experience level
· Partner with the internal IT Supplier Management department in order to manage external suppliers (e.g. conduct interviews, financial management of external supplier costs)
Financials and Controlling
· Establish project controlling as an independent element within the projects to verify and control the project costs on time in full. Ensure continuous availability of the project cost status. Apply appropriate methods for project controlling, e.g. risk analysis, simulation calculations, target-actual comparison
· Manage project budget through tracking and reporting the monthly budget accruals and variances and ensure timely and accurate invoicing
· As conflicts and escalations arise within projects/programs, identify solutions and propose these to key stakeholders, and support their resolution in a timely and appropriate manner. Involve project sponsor if needed.
· Use appropriate and effective communication methods to Senior Management throughout the project/program life cycle.
· Identify and manage relationships with key stakeholders and build a broader network map, incorporating relevant departments within Global IT and the adidas Group in order to deliver and embed the projects/programs.
· Build the appropriate structure to be able to manage the respective organization effectively, identify and develop future talents and create realistic succession scenarios for key positions
· Ensure appropriate leadership skills are present at every level through creating a motivational and supportive work environment in which employees are coached, trained and provided with career opportunities through development
· Allocate the different projects/programs and work streams to the respective teams and employees considering experience, project complexity, workload and organizational efficiency
· Continuously monitor and evaluate team workload and organizational efficiency with the support of IT systems, data, analysis and team feedback and make appropriate changes in order to meet business needs.
· Provide team members/direct reports with clear direction and targets that are aligned with business needs and GIT objectives
Individual Key Responsibilities
· Build IT Product Creation capabilities upon the core virtues of user centered design and open data & platforms
· Ensure the integration of IT Product Creation solutions with adjacent functions and systems, especially Digital Creation and Corporate Marketing.
· Actively define and drive the future vision and strategy of IT Product Creation and related topics like Digital Creation E2E and Digital Manufacturing
· Implement a strong network of key experts and managers within the organization to ensure proper dissemination and utilization of IT Product Creation processes, methods and tools
Knowledge, Capabilities and Experience
· Ability to provide a clear framework for performance to direct reports/project team
· Ability to coach, guide and manage a (project)team
· Pro-active (engaging & impact-oriented) mindset, ability to think end-to-end with a global mindset
· Ability to be self-directed while working under tight deadlines
· Advanced Ability to work in a fast-paced business environment with different international cultures
· Business mindset: Strong numerical and analytical skills, experience in finance with strong budget knowledge
· Strong experience to manage complex projects on a global level with strong knowledge in Project Management Methodologies & tools as well as I.T Product Evaluation & Selection
· Strong skills in Project Risk Management
· Advanced knowledge in Programme Management & Resource Allocation
· Strong communication (both written and verbal) and facilitation skills (small and large groups), especially when interacting with different levels of business with advanced skills in stakeholder analysis
· Strong knowledge of Collaborative Software Systems as well as advanced I.T Test management Techniques know-how
· Ability to travel, domestic or international, as required
· Fluent English skills (verbal and written)
· Strong MS-Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Four-year college or university degree with focus on Business Administration or IT or related areas, or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Minimum of 8+ years of progressive work experience in mid- to large-scale project or program management & in I.T
· Ideally PMI certified
· 2–3 years of experience in managing a team
We`re looking forward to receiving your application!
Check out this video of the adidas CIO on digital transformation.