Job Function: Accounting & Finance
State / Province: Germany
Position Type: Full time
City / Location: Herzogenaurach
Somewhere, in one of our workshops right now, the future is taking shape. We are constantly working to redefine the way clothing and footwear transforms the pitch, court or course. This is what drives us: the feeling of discovery and the urge to innovate. When we create a product that makes our hearts beat faster, we know we’re onto something.
If this sounds inspiring, you might be one of us: Someone who loves to create the present, as well as shape the future. There’s a reason adidas has been at the forefront of defining sport for more than 60 years: We never stand still. Everyday, we work to improve everything we create.
At adidas, interesting, amazing and inspiring aren’t just ideas. They are what we do every single day.
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
The general purpose the Group Functions Finance is to be a financial consultant to the Group Functions Senior Management by giving recommendations to enable and drive fact-based decision-making. The Finance Functions support and steer the business to achieve financial targets as well as the strategy based on the analysis of number indicators. This is supported by the creation of transparency about business performance through cost (-centre) analysis, business analysis and performance management
As part of Group Functions Finance, IT Finance is responsible for financial controlling and cost management and provides tailored key performance indicators for the IT organization. As a business partner we enable fact based decision making, best practice sharing and continuous process improvement by creating transparency on impact and dependencies of core cost and service drivers. We derive corresponding solution through application of state of the art analytical tools and business expertize. In addition, this function also has a Global governance role to ensure quality and consistency across the Market Finance IT teams.
· Set up an effective and sustainable team structure within given framework
· Provide guidance to the team; facilitate and foster continuous learning environment which enables team to perform
· Evaluate the competencies of his/her subordinates on a regular basis and provides prompt and feedback and guidance to drive high performance.
· Take ownership for Talent Management processes, in order to grow, develop and retain talents. Acts as a mentor to team
· Promote a high performance culture by setting clear expectations and individual goals.
· Translate the company goals into team specific actions and business plans. Control and monitor performance and results.
Forecasting, Budgeting, Reporting
· Full review of existing processes to identify areas for improvement, implement changes
· Review of all existing tools/ programs/ analyses to propose improvements
· Preparation of clear and transparent guidance documents for HQ team and Market controllers.
· Alignment of overall timelines and approaches to the forecasts/ Budgets.
· Provide expertise for assigned functional areas/systems and processes towards team and business partners in order to facilitate and implement the proper forecast/ budget.
· Own, manage and control budgeting, forecasting and actual reporting of actual cost and explain deviations.
· Analyze deviations and review implications in order to increase financial planning accuracy as well as achieve better results in IT.
· Full responsibility for the consolidation of information within FC, Bud to present one view for the whole IT.
· Provide ad hoc analysis as needed for management purpose.
· Full Responsibility for FTE reporting and HC pool control.
Global Performance Management
· Understand key cost drivers and provide E2E visibility for business partners to drive improvements / actions.
· Lead Market IT Finance and work closely with the Market IT and FP&A teams to ensure transparency, consistency and high quality results. Drive harmonization and standardization of data sets while driving best in class delivery in terms of timelines and data quality.
· Responsible for the IT cost allocation and recharge process to the Markets.
· Develop a sustainable management reporting system to support business in monitoring operational performance on a regular basis. Analyze facts (past performance) and translate to recommendation / solution (prediction) which will help IT management to make sound business decisions.
· Provide advice to the market teams as necessary for the creation of local operational & management reports. The goal is to keep a harmonized approach across Global and all markets, and centralize reporting tasks as appropriate.
· Safeguard Global financial governance and manage standardized execution of financial processes (e.g. budgeting and forecasting) for IT. Identify opportunities to develop better methods or processes.
· Provide financial support and day to day controlling work.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities :
· Ability to coach, guide, manage, and develop a team
· Excellent communication and analytical skills
· Excellent financial controlling skillset
· Solid knowledge of end-to-end supply chain
· Business fluency in English (written and spoken)
· Strong business acumen
· Advanced project management skills
· Strong result orientation and pro-activity; high degree of flexibility
· Ability to maneuver in consistently challenging and complex environment
· Enjoy working in a dynamic and ambitious multinational team
· Advanced MS Office skills, especially MS Excel
· Strong competency in processes, SAP and BI
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
· University Degree in Finance / Business Administration / Accounting
· Minimum 10 years work experience
· Minimum 3 years of experience managing a team