Job Function: Accounting & Finance
State / Province: Germany
Position Type: Full time
City / Location: Rieste
Somewhere, in one of our workshops right now, the future is taking shape. We are constantly working to redefine the way clothing and footwear transforms the pitch, court or course. This is what drives us: the feeling of discovery and the urge to innovate. When we create a product that makes our hearts beat faster, we know we’re onto something.
If this sounds inspiring, you might be one of us: Someone who loves to create the present, as well as shape the future. There’s a reason adidas has been at the forefront of defining sport for more than 60 years: We never stand still. Everyday, we work to improve everything we create.
At adidas, interesting, amazing and inspiring aren’t just ideas. They are what we do every single day.
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
The general purpose is to be a financial consultant to the respective business partner by giving recommendations to enable and drive fact-based decision-making. These functions support and steer the business to achieve (financial) targets as well as the strategy based on the analysis of number indicators. This is supported by the creation of transparency about business performance through cost (-center) controlling, business controlling and performance management.
GFF SCM Western Europe enables “Fact Based Decision Making” by providing financial and business performance transparency via budgeting, forecasting and reporting and maintaining a harmonized KPI architecture across Global Operations.
The team analyses performance, detects risk, identifies improvement potentials and determines corresponding solutions together with their business partners. Finally, with its project management expertise GFF SCM Western Europe supports Global Operations in carrying out projects from the conceptual set-up (business case development) to the implementation, including the follow up on the realization of the targeted benefits.
· Partner with the business within the assigned area of responsibility.
· Enable fact based decision by creating transparency on Supply Chain costs
· Support medium sized projects and/or actively participate in projects; support implementation of findings.
· Support implementation of adequate and aligned communication packages to present results, recommendations and solutions.
· Improve working methods for day-to-day processes and systems.
· Support development and implementation of state of the art analytic tools.
· Provide input into new processes or operational plans and deliver results with direct impact on the department targets.
· Work towards the achievement of department targets
· Identify improvement potential through variance analysis, derive solutions and facilitate related decisions.
· Manage & execute standardized reporting and ad-hoc analysis
· Manage cost centers and support cost center managers in all financial tasks (e.g. investment and recruitment requests, cost recharges, etc.)
· Provide expertise for assigned functional areas/systems and processes towards team and business partners.
· Ensure smooth operation of the day to day business by taking on ownership for related actions.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
· Deep business understanding of processes and structure
· High degree of customer orientation
· Ability to maneuver in consistently changing environment
· Ability to operate cross-functionally and understanding of external business drivers
· Understanding of the complexity, interactions and dynamics within an international company
· good communication skills for persuasion and convincing others
· Business fluency in English (written and spoken)
· good analytical skills, managing large data quantities from multiple sources
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
· University degree in Business Administration/Finance/Controlling
· System expertise: SAP FI/CO, MS office applications (especially Excel)
· 1-5 years work experience in related fields