Job Function: Sourcing
State / Province: Germany
Position Type: Full time
City / Location: Scheinfeld
Somewhere, in one of our workshops right now, the future is taking shape. We are constantly working to redefine the way clothing and footwear transforms the pitch, court or course. This is what drives us: the feeling of discovery and the urge to innovate. When we create a product that makes our hearts beat faster, we know we’re onto something.
If this sounds inspiring, you might be one of us: Someone who loves to create the present, as well as shape the future. There’s a reason adidas has been at the forefront of defining sport for more than 60 years: We never stand still. Everyday, we work to improve everything we create.
At adidas, interesting, amazing and inspiring aren’t just ideas. They are what we do every single day.
Develop and evaluate innovative processes and technologies driving efficiency to enable adidas to provide unique opportunities for consumers and athletes.
· Proactively support the inception of new and innovative processes, materials and concepts into a manufactural product/ process utilizing internal and external resources
· Communicates and coordinates all necessary information that supports on time activation for all assigned projects
· Ensure with assistance from respective teams that new projects are engineered to cost and profitability targets.
· Show a strong hands-on attitude in prototyping and implementation of new & innovative designs, processes, materials and concepts into a manufactural and marketable product/ process
· Support the development of innovative mold constructions for different injection processes and techniques ensuring efficiency and cost competitiveness
· Work directly with the Category development teams on ensuring technologies/concepts and the corresponding products are meeting quality, cost and technical targets
· Support in presenting new technologies, processes, materials and concepts to internal and external partners
· Assist the Line Manager in supporting and training internal and external partners in rolling-out previously developed technologies/concepts into a mass-production ready-state.
Knowledge, Capabilities and Experience
· Educate and train colleagues by sharing knowledge on an on-going basis
· Prepare concept and results-based reports and presentations, communicating to technical and non-technical audiences
· Stay connected to relevant current and upcoming research, technologies, methods, and industry trends.
· Maintain and build an effective information network
· Identify and partner with industry-leading organizations to extend the capability of the team
· Consider legal implications of innovative concepts, working with the legal team to protect product, technology, innovation, process, and design
· Fluent English (required), Advanced German is a must
· Advanced IT skills (MS office, PDM, CAD)
· Travel, domestic and international as required by business needs
· Curiosity for production and engineering along with a passion for making insights in the field of sport
· University degree in a relevant field
· 2 years of working experiences
· Experience in automation industry and/or material engineering
· Experience in shoe manufacture (advantageous)
· Communicate and negotiate effectively
· Cooperate well, develop and maintain relationships
· Work independently as well as part of a team
· Plan working time efficiently, balancing short term tasks with long term goals
· Strong analytical skills, solution driven and result oriented