Job Function: Sourcing
State / Province: Germany
Position Type: Full time
City / Location: Scheinfeld
Somewhere, in one of our workshops right now, the future is taking shape. We are constantly working to redefine the way clothing and footwear transforms the pitch, court or course. This is what drives us: the feeling of discovery and the urge to innovate. When we create a product that makes our hearts beat faster, we know we’re onto something.
If this sounds inspiring, you might be one of us: Someone who loves to create the present, as well as shape the future. There’s a reason adidas has been at the forefront of defining sport for more than 60 years: We never stand still. Everyday, we work to improve everything we create.
At adidas, interesting, amazing and inspiring aren’t just ideas. They are what we do every single day.
Manage with the guidance of the Line Manager and other peers (circular) knit-related manufacturing process technologies, programming, setting up, operating and maintaining knitting machines and providing effective transition of knit designs from prototyping into production. Support product development processes of complex and innovative designs.
· Proactively support the inception of new and innovative knit designs, components, processes, materials and concepts into a manufacturable and marketable finished product
· Communicates and coordinates all necessary knit-related information that supports on time activation for all assigned projects
· Ensure with assistance from respective teams that new knit projects are engineered to cost and profitability targets.
· Program, set up, operate and maintain knitting machines (M1 Plus-Stoll or APEX 3-Shima Seiki, Colosio), create prototypes which address desired attributes
· Prototyping and implementation of new & innovative knit designs, components, processes, materials and concepts into a manufacturable and marketable finished product
· Prepare summary of trials and results to document learnings and best practices
· Work together with Quality teams to ensure that all knit components are fully tested in compliance with adidas’ quality and legal standards
· With guidance from your line manager you assume the entire development process for assigned products, with an emphasis on quality product development and timely completion of all tasks in accordance with the applicable operating calendar
· Establish and maintain strong working relationships with the Knitting Center, Design, Future, Materials Development, Quality, Costing, Product Creation Technology, Logistics and Sourcing Organization, managing designated projects to ensure on time activation performance.
· Organizational tasks and communication responsibilities; use of the computerized Product Data Management System; e-mail and telephone communication world-wide and all related organizational requirements
· Support and guide the adiLab team in all aspects of knit development.
· Keep current with knitting machine, software and material technologies through continuous and regular communication with key partners
Knowledge, Capabilities and Experience
· Strong experience with knitting technologies (flat, warp, etc.) ideally with strong focus on small and large circular knitting technologies
· In-depth understanding of programming knitting machines (M1 Plus-Stoll or Colosio -Shima Seiki or Santoni)
· Good knowledge about fibres and yarns
· Good project management skills
· Technical training in footwear or apparel engineering and product development; industry experience
· Computer literacy (MS Office)
· Presentation skills
· English and German language skills
· Exposure to the latest in materials, components, processes and concepts
· Ability to understand 2D images in 3D
· Ability to frequently travel to production sources and the terrain of testing
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
· Exposure to the field of footwear/apparel development preferred.
· 3 years minimum related work experience in the knitting industry, specialized in programming and operating knitting machines.