Job Function: Information Technology
State / Province: Germany
Position Type: Full time
City / Location: Herzogenaurach
Somewhere, in one of our workshops right now, the future is taking shape. We are constantly working to redefine the way clothing and footwear transforms the pitch, court or course. This is what drives us: the feeling of discovery and the urge to innovate. When we create a product that makes our hearts beat faster, we know we’re onto something.
If this sounds inspiring, you might be one of us: Someone who loves to create the present, as well as shape the future. There’s a reason adidas has been at the forefront of defining sport for more than 60 years: We never stand still. Everyday, we work to improve everything we create.
At adidas, interesting, amazing and inspiring aren’t just ideas. They are what we do every single day.
The API Evangelist (m/f) supports the DevOps transformation of the company, drive the application engineering community and to share and incorporate new concepts and technologies.
Key responsibilities :
· Create and oversee API strategy including its direction, align it with key stakeholders and map API strategy into API program execution plan.
· Define API design and development guidelines and patterns, align them with domain (solution) architects and enforce them in API developer’s community.
· Lead the development of an API Factory by standardizing the creation process and using production engineering approaches to automate API development.
· Be the technical owner for tools which supports complete API development lifecycle. API catalogue, API developer portal, API management gateway.
· Conduct design reviews to ensure that API’s are aligned towards the API guidelines.
· Defines and promotes API security standards together with security and legal team.
· Guide and educate developers and architects in various teams in API design methodology.
· Put the hands on and help to design API’s whenever help is needed.
· Help business to translate their vision and strategies into API designs in cooperation with respective domain architects.
Emerging technology monitoring:
· Monitor the market to gain knowledge and understanding of the currently emerging trends in API community.
· Identifies new and emerging hardware and software technologies and products based on own area of expertise, assesses their relevance and potential value to the organisation, contributes to briefings of staff and management.
Requirements definition and management
· Facilitates scoping and business priority setting for large or complex changes, engaging senior stakeholders as required.
· Selects the most appropriate means of representing business requirements in the context of a specific change initiative.
· Drives the requirements elicitation process where necessary, identifying what stakeholder input is required.
· Takes responsibility for the investigation and application of changes to programme scope.
· Translates communications / stakeholder engagement strategies into specific tasks.
Facilitates open communication and discussion between stakeholders, acting as a single point of contact by developing, maintaining and working to stakeholder engagement strategies and plans.
· Negotiates with stakeholders at senior levels, ensuring that organisational policy and strategies are adhered to.
· Provides informed feedback to assess and promote understanding.
Coordinate API development across departments and different projects.
Knowledge, skills and Abilities:
Experience with API description languages: SWAGGER, API Blueprint.
Deep understanding of REST and Microservices architecture styles.
Expertise in API design methodologies.
Experience and familiarity with the following enterprise security standards – SAML, OAuth, OpenID, LDAP, PKI.
Deep knowledge of hypermedia types like JSON-LD, HAL, SIREN, ODATA.
Expertise of standard data formats like JSON, XML.
· English language fluent
· Keeping overall objectives and strategies in mind, and not being deflected by matters of detail.
· Understanding the needs of the internal or external customer and keeping them in mind when taking actions or making decisions
Being proactive, taking action and anticipating opportunities.
· Understanding the hierarchy and culture of own, customer and supplier organizations and being able to identify the decision makers and influencers.
Communicating effectively by word of mouth. Have strong presentation skills.
· Communicating effectively in writing and via emails.
Establishing relationships and maintaining contacts with people from a variety of backgrounds. Effective and sensitive communicator in different societies and cultures.
· The ability of an individual to convey a level of confidence and professionalism, positively influencing and persuading others to take a specific course of action when there is no direct line of command or control.
Working co-operatively (rather than competitively) with others to achieve a common goal.
We`re looking forward to receiving your application!
Check out this video of the adidas CIO on digital transformation.