You are in charge of organising seminars and banquets. You gather all the important information required for the organisation of these events (transport, accommodation, restaurant...). You check that nothing is missing and manage stocks of products and supplies required for the event. You can man stands and act as an intermediary between customers and company employees.
Overview of duties
• Behaves and acts in an exemplary fashion, embodying the brand mindset.
• Is responsible for the Pullman promise of proximity and sociability.
• Recommends the hotel's range of services on offer.
• Responsible for serving food and beverages in restaurant efficiently and in a most courteous manner.
• Carry out all duties in accordance with tasks and descriptions with reference to established rules and policies.
• Performs all duties as assigned by management.
• Suggests food and beverages to be well versed with the menu, method of preparation and accompaniments.
• Cleans and polishes Glassware, China ware, hollowware and flatware.
• Maintains cleanliness and mise-en-place level at working station and service pantry for smooth operation.
• Replenishes supply of linen and other Operating equipment.
• Obtains requested items from the storeroom.
• Keeps general appearance and maintenance of Restaurant working areas.
• Follows correct sequence of service outlined in the Standard Operating Manual.
• Sets up tables in accordance with Restaurant policy.
• Cleans and removes dishes from the table after service is completed.
• Transports soiled dishes from dining room to kitchen and depositing them in proper placing at the Steward area.
• Cleans all spillage during mealtime and at closing.
• Maintains excellent grooming standard at all times.
• Maintains guest’s history.
• Addresses regular guests by name.
Professional techniques / Production
• Promotes the Pullman brand philosophy through his or her exemplary attitude, behavior and excellent communication skills.
• Takes note of remarks made by guests and finds solutions for any problems that may arise. Ensures a rapid response from the different departments concerned.
• Makes sure that all the information available in the restaurant is well presented and up-to-date.
• Attends all training sessions as scheduled.
Team management and cross-departmental responsibilities
• Assures the interface between all hotel departments and service-providers if necessary.
• Establishes effective employee relations and maintains the highest level of professionalism, ethic and attitude towards all hotel guests, clients, heads of department and employees.
Commercial / Sales
• Helps promote the hotel's range of services on offer (e.g. the bar) by anticipating customer needs and responding to guests' requests.
• Helps gain guests' loyalty by being present, available and ready to listen.
Hygiene / Personal safety / Environment
• Monitors movements in the hotel restaurant with discretion.
• Applies the hotel's safety regulations.
• Ensures that the restaurant remains clean.
• Respects the hotel's commitments to the 'Environment Charter'.
Skills / Qualities
• Pullman: a new service attitude centered on proximity, sociability and sharing experience.
• Ensure all staff embody the same mindset by developing each individual's sense of curiosity,
• Open-mindedness, interpersonal skills and sense of initiative.
• Spontaneous and empathic
• A high level of personal maturity is vital for this position
• Good visual memory
• At ease in a multi-cultural environment
• Confident speaking skills