Overview of duties
'• Organises the F&B point of sale under his/her responsibility
• Ensures guest satisfaction and high standards of service for customers
• Manages and motivates the team to develop the sales and the quality of the services
• Helps increase the restaurant's revenue through his/her sales actions
• Makes live Mercure's projects and identity in his/her sales outlet (Mercure ''Grands Vins'', Mercure service certification in France, ...)'
'• Ensures guests are well looked after, from their arrival through to their departure
• Enquires whether guests are satisfied throughout the meal
• Offers attentive service to guests, adapting to any constraints
• Is attentive to the comments of customers and ensures the follow-up
• Ensures respect of brand commitments (''breakfast welcome'' Mercure service certification in France etc)
• Conveys the image of the hotel'
Professional techniques / Production
'• Organises and checks the team's work
• Ensures information is properly passed on to the team (briefings and debriefings with kitchen staff etc)
• Organizes the implementations according to the forecasts of activity
• Ensures equipment is used correctly
• Takes the global level of activity into account when managing the flow of guests, placement at tables and reservations'
'• Develops the motivation and the support of his/her teams by creating a good working climate
• Participates in the recruitments
• Applies labour legislation
• Integrates, trains and facilitates the development of the skills of his/her employees
• Ensures his/her staff are well presented (clothing, personal hygiene etc)
• Ensures smooth coordination between the restaurant and the kitchen'
Commercial / Sales
'• Offers suggestions and advice to guests regarding the different services available
• Increases revenue for the point of sale through additional sales techniques
• Helps increase guest loyalty through quality of service
• Makes live the commercial plan in his/her service
• Analyzes customers comments and shares them with his/her team
• Ensures that the Mercure ''Grands Vins'' are promoted to guests'
Management and administration
'• Organises work and modifies headcount according to level of activity
• Shares the responsibility for meeting the department's targets with his/her superior, by:
- respecting the procedures and internal audits personally applicable
- ensuring respect of the procedures and internal audits applicable to the team
- increasing sales
• Takes part in inventories and manages stocks under his/her responsibility
• Analyses results and implements corrective actions as necessary'
Hygiene / Personal safety / Environment
'• Ensures that the workplace remains clean and tidy and the safety of consumable goods by always respecting HACCP regulations
• Respects the instructions and safety guidelines for the equipment used
• Applies the hotel's security regulations (in case of fire etc)
• Respects the hotel's commitments to the ''Environment Charter'' (saving energy, recycling, sorting waste etc)'
Mercure and its people
Hotels with individuality, passion for service and committed to quality and guest satisfaction.
Join a team of warm and friendly professionals who will share their love for hospitality.
Ideal candidate profile
Level of Education Others
Areas of study Other
Professional experiences 3 to 5 years
Languages essential English
Essential and optional requirements