Who are we?
The Budapest Indirect Tax Center of Excellence , established in 2008, provides professional Indirect Tax compliance support for IBM companies in more than 50 countries across the Globe.
In the Centre, about 100 dedicated professionals work together to meet the needs of our international IBM clients. We support clients in several European, African, and Asian countries, and we are proud to be a dynamic, multinational team.
Having a strong work ethic and working in a friendly atmosphere are equally important to us, that's why we organize multiple team-building events every year.
Who are you?
· You have a degree in finance/accounting, and an interest in Indirect Tax
· You'd like to learn about cutting-edge technologies, such as blockchain and its role in Indirect Tax
· You use Excel confidently
· You speak fluent English
· You enjoy communicating and cooperating across teams
· You have strong analytical skills
· You are keen to get to know new tools that make our way of working smarter and more efficient
What can we offer?
· Work in a responsible position supporting IBM clients all over the world
· A dynamic, multinational team with great atmosphere
· Active involvement in our automation project
· Access to IBM's vast array of learning and training facilities – we love to improve!
· Real career advancement possibilities
· Competitive compensation package
· Good location in the heart of Budapest, near Kálvin Square
· Home office once a week What will you be doing as a VAT Analyst?
· Manage the end-to-end Indirect Tax return and reconciliation process for given countries
· Prepare and submit Indirect Tax returns
· Make tax payments, initiate and monitor the recovery of Indirect Tax assets
· Prepare reconciliations and trend data
· Provide timely and professional support in case of Internal Audits, Peer Reviews and Tax Authority audits
· Actively focus on identifying areas for improvement to drive process and efficiency improvement
Auto req ID
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0812) IBM Hungary International Shared Services Center LTD.
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· English: fluent
· Applied accounting skills
· Applied skills in using MS Excel spreadsheets
· Good problem solving skills and ability to collaborate across different functions
· Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· VAT knowledge is an advantage
Secondary Job Category
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
New Collar Role