At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
In Germany, Abbott has more than 3,000 employees working in manufacturing, research and development, logistics, sales and marketing. They are located at Abbott`s German headquarters in Wiesbaden and its sites in Hanover, Neustadt am Rübenberge, Wetzlar, Eschborn and Witten. Alere in Cologne and Jena is now Abbott.
Abbott Diabetes Care (ADC) is looking for a Medical Affairs Coordinator EMEAP (m/f), based in Wiesbaden. The main objective is to provide coordination and administrative support of Medical Affairs activities across the EMEAP region
Medical Affairs runs multiple projects requiring medical / scientific understanding and strict compliance to safeguard Abbott's reputation.
- Screen publications on potentially reportable events on ADC products and ensuring appropriate reporting to Quality per internal procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Provide an updated Bibliography monthly to the countries of the EMEAP region
- Support the “House of Science (Marketing)” initiative, by selecting the respective publications and providing the necessary information like a short summary on a regular basis to affiliates
- Implement Continuous Medical Education activities in the EMEAP region
- Stakeholder Mapping of KOLs in EMEAP
- Scientific Conference Support: identifying and contracting speaker, coordinating pre-meetings, alignment with the corresponding marketing activities
- Publication support, contracting, aligning meetings, research, excluding writing
- Ensure that Contracts / PSA (incl. OEC, legal, etc) are in place or updated for conferences and studies
- Coordinate all IIS applications from the EMEAP region; communicate with applicants as well with the IIS office in Alameda Administration of all Medical Inquiries from the EMEAP region in compliance with the respective procedures
- Administrative support for medical affairs events and travel in the EMEAP region
- Degree in any field in Science, preferably in Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry
- PhD would be advantageous
- Experience in medical device / pharma / consulting / payers or other relevant organization.
- Experience in handling external service providers.
- Project management experience
- Knowledge of MSWord and Excel
- Advanced skills in evidence-based medicine, clinical study design or health economics or medical statistics.
- Team oriented with the confidence, maturity and integrity to work effectively as a member of one of the top companies in the medical device industry.
- High personal integrity and ethics required.
- Results and Action Oriented - Driven to excel. Accepts the accountability for results.
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Travel up to 5 %
Abbott Germany has a range and variety of jobs on offer in a positive and dynamic environment that allows you to maintain a healthy work-life balance. We provide development opportunities as part of our comprehensive Talent Management Program. Your contribution to the company's success will be rewarded with a competitive salary package. We offer comprehensive benefits to suit the lifestyles of all our employees, from a retirement plan that is far above market average, a save-as-you-earn program, to educational scholarships for children, and health management initiatives for staff and their dependents.
Do you like the sound of this job and think you've got what it takes? Then send us your CV today. We look forward to receiving your application.
Discover why candidates choose a career with Abbott in Germany.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
Medical & Scientific Affairs
ADC Diabetes Care
Germany > Wiesbaden-Delkenheim : G02
Yes, 5 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES: