Informatics Technical Specialist (m/f))
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Abbott Diagnostics (ADD) is looking for an
Informatics Technical Specialist (m/f)
based in Wiesbaden, Germany
- Provide comprehensive technical guidance for Abbott's Integrated Clinical Care solutions for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Partner with sales/commercial and the service center of excellence teams to optimize informatics solutions and offerings as well as quality of service.
- Ensure CDS implemtation projects are delivered and executed as per statement of work.
- Specialize in data mapping, data translation, data transformation, and message format conversion.
- Lead/support project plans and project management; regularly provide project status updates.
- Recommend how to design/implement solutions based on best practices, and asssist in the preparation of statement of work documents to ensure all relevant information is captured.
- Specify the appropriate hardware solution for Clinical Care solutions and liaise with external/third party IT hardware providers.
- Deliver structured software application product training to the end user.
- Support post-sales informatics activities; assist service team to address questions and escalations in the area of Clinical Decision Support.
- Serves as level 2 and/or 3 complaint resolution as needed via call center phone support function.
- Create and maintain documentation of integration/interoperability solutions, workflow, and specifications.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science; information systems; medical technology; or related field.
- 2 years of informatics technical application experience in hospital or laboratory settings.
- 3 years of relevant IT experience in healthcare interface engines such as Mirth Connect or Rhapsody; software development using JAVA or similar language; relational databases; and writing scripts.
- Possess deep technical knowledge in healthcare software integration using HL7, XML, or other related integration protocols or interchangeability tool-sets.
- Ability to write scripts using PERL, TCL, Shell or other scripting languages.
- Familiar with of UNIX and Windows and associated command line interface.
- Understanding of with project management tools/systems, preferably SmartSheet.
Abbott Germany has a range and variety of jobs on offer in a positive and dynamic environment that allows you to maintain a healthy work-life balance. We provide development opportunities as part of our comprehensive Talent Management Program. Your contribution to the company's success will be rewarded with a competitive salary package. We offer comprehensive benefits to suit the lifestyles of all our employees, from a retirement plan that is far above market average, a save-as-you-earn program, to educational scholarships for children, and health management initiatives for staff and their dependents.
Do you like the sound of this job and think you've got what it takes? Then send us your CV today. We look forward to receiving your application.
Discover why candidates choose a career with Abbott in Germany.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
JOB FAMILY:Field Services
LOCATION:Germany > Wiesbaden-Delkenheim : G20
ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS:Germany : Remote
TRAVEL:Yes, 75 % of the Time
MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:Not Applicable
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Not Applicable